Weekend self-challenge

jfugina

Re: Weekend self-challenge

Post by jfugina »

After a good sleep in, I'm ready to get back at it today. I think Rob and Nicole are going out (last thing in the world I want to do today). Jake will likely play video games all day, and I'll be left in relative peace. I did have a bit of an adhesive crisis Wednesday night though. So I braved the pre-black-friday crowds at Michaels to go get some ATG refills. Even though the place was a madhouse, it was a successful trip. I got a couple of art kits that I committed to for a "100 neediest families" campaign at work, and I got a good deal on a small tree that we can take with us to Disney World for Christmas. But that's about all the black friday I can handle. Back to paper and tape. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

jfugina wrote:I was also having a side conversation with Keitha about some of the sketch classes we've purchased. She was looking at the SG 6x6 paper pad class, which I was highly disappointed with at the time. But after looking at it again, I decided to approach those sketches a different way and make empty layouts. So that's another thing I want to do this weekend. I find making empty layouts kind of freeing, because I'm not trying to match a set of photos by color, theme, or anything.
I'll post photos when I've got a few more done.
That's exactly what I plan to do: make up some empty layouts using 6x6 paper pads which given my penchant for themed papers, I'm hoping will be obvious to match with photos when the time comes. Looking forward to seeing what you create Julie.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

So I did two layouts from that 6x6 class, and they're still just not my favorites. There's too much squareness to them. I don't have a designer's eye, but I do know that some things look better when they're not entirely symmetrical.

Between Wednesday and today, I've completed 21 pages. I hope to do more before the weekend is over, but my house is actually filthy (and cluttered - always cluttered), and I've got to do some housekeeping. I'm going to do another thread with all of the layouts from this week.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

I have the first of my four done. I'll upload it to my WDW thread. :) Which I should warn you is now updated with the ones I've done over a few months and not uploaded.... :lol: :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I know what you mean, Julie and Keitha about that 6 x 6 class. I did the entire class a couple years ago with a 6 x 6 pad. It felt really good to use up the entire pad. But I do find the layouts to be a bit blocky. There are some of the sketches that I really like. So I will repeat them in the future. But I think if you've been scrapping for any length of time, it's fairly simple to look at her samples and figure it out without paying for the class. Just sayin'