Shimelle's challenge

pamcook

Re: Shimelle's challenge

Post by pamcook »

I love this page! Great idea to recycle the packaging.
Poor Jak. I remember the first few days of braces - so painful. 30 years later and a dentist told me that my orthodontist was a quack. Yay - not.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

well done, Debbie, on recycling all that packaging and scraps. Thought I was the only one to do that.

Poor Jak! Been there, done that! He does seem awfully young. I also had braces before all my second teeth came in just to keep everything from getting worse. That was a very long time ago!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I am using the Shimelle prompt "Repetition" for this layout. I also submitted it to Hip Kit for their weekly challenge. I also included the sketch from Hip Kit.

This is Allyson and Chase. She is in her second year of college and he's a firefighter for BLM. He's in Durango, Co. right now.

The photo looks really dark on my screen.

I used the app Pam mentioned and I left the older version so you could see the difference. It looks better.
Attachments
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG (107.58 KiB) Viewed 174 times
HKSKETCH.png
HKSKETCH.png (218.1 KiB) Viewed 187 times
IMG_0890re.jpg
IMG_0890re.jpg (186.2 KiB) Viewed 187 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Cute cute cute! I love that sketch as well.
If only I could get out of this recliner...
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Cute, Debbie! it does look kinda dark from here, too, but we get the idea. You could lighten it if you have a photo editing program on your computer but I guess most people are posting from their phones which have their limits. Are there photo editing apps on phones similar to PSE, I have no idea?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
nancine

Post by nancine »

You are all doing so great on these challenges! I get a lot of inspiration from your layouts.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:Cute, Debbie! it does look kinda dark from here, too, but we get the idea. You could lighten it if you have a photo editing program on your computer but I guess most people are posting from their phones which have their limits. Are there photo editing apps on phones similar to PSE, I have no idea?
I edit mine with PicTapGo.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie I am agog at ALL of your amazing LOs! Everyone of them has so many wonderful details to show off and enhance your special photos. You've really met this challenge head on with creativity.

About photo apps...the one PamC mentioned is good and just the basic one that came with "Photos" on my iPhone works fairly well. I use my phone camera for all the photos I post here plus the editing. It allows me to improve upon a maybe so-so photo due to weird lighting.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Had to pop in with my two cents worth. I have an embarrassing number of photo editing apps on my phone. But I wanted to mention that one of them is a mini Photoshop called PS Express. It does a LOT. As does the iPhone version of Lightroom.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ScrappinJen wrote:Had to pop in with my two cents worth. I have an embarrassing number of photo editing apps on my phone. But I wanted to mention that one of them is a mini Photoshop called PS Express. It does a LOT. As does the iPhone version of Lightroom.
Which is your favorite and would you mind posting a tutorial?
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I wouldn't have a clue how to post a tutorial on an iPhone app. As others have said, the native apps on the phone do a respectable job, without adding on. For a too-dark photo, in your iPhone gallery, you can choose the photo and then click on the three little lines below the image. On my phone they are between the heart and the trash. (Interesting observation). Once you click on those faux sliders, it brings you to a screen with a crop tool, a color tool and one that looks like a clock. But at the top right, there's a tool that looks like a magic wand. Click on it and it will fix many errors. Let me know if this helps.

For the PS Express app, if you are familiar with Photoshop CS or Elements, it works pretty much the same way. But no layers. None that I've found, anyway.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

This is the challenge for Puntastic. Now don't ya'll laugh at my hand drawn lightbulb!! It says "I love you watts". Jak with his Dad at hiscompany picnic.
Attachments
IMG_0891.JPG
IMG_0891.JPG (195.49 KiB) Viewed 151 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

That's so cute, Debbie! And the lightbulb is perfect for a punny title.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Well done, it's puntastic!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

This layout falls in the title of Something Tall. I think the Redwoods qualify. This is middle granddaughter visiting last year with her other Grandma Sandy. They had a great time and this year at Christmas they are all going to Germany to visit Sandy's grandson, Ashley's cousin who is in the military stationed there.
Attachments
IMG_0892 (1)re.jpg
IMG_0892 (1)re.jpg (208.64 KiB) Viewed 139 times