Week 4 - Summertime Challenge

Monica

Re: Week 4 - Summertime Challenge

Post by Monica »

Will do, but it might be a couple weeks before I get one read. This was my reading weekend and I polished off a couple books, so his is next.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That's wonderful, Pam P, good luck to Jim with his books.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I forgot to say that the 3rd book in the series is currently being rewritten. I Scream of Genie had a very pat ending and I suggested a heavy edit. He agreed. Should be out in a few weeks. #4 will follow quickly and #3 in the Dread Lords is almost finished. I think the kid's brain is on fire. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Living is Easy. Not sure that ever applies in my life. Seems like we are always moving. Not much relaxing time in our home. But at Scramp Camp last year, on Saturday morning, I got up early and took a beautiful early stroll in the neighborhood surrounding the hotel, when I stumbled onto this pleasant Rain Garden Plaza in Elk Grove. Another one for my 6x8 pocket album using Pattern Play kit products. Nothing special. Just sharing. I did use Memories Mist in Sparkling silver through a stencil to create a base page and pocket card. Still on Shiny week in PSL.
Attachments
PAO RainGardenPlaza.jpg
PAO RainGardenPlaza.jpg (215.3 KiB) Viewed 339 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

More reading material. Finished these and nagging him to send me the new pages for the Genie book. Meanwhile, I'm reading the Casca Longinus series. 111 heat index is too darned hot to do anything outside.

LO is loosely based on a Stuck Sketches sketch that was posted on Shimelle's FB page.
Jim's Books2.jpg
Jim's Books2.jpg (231.31 KiB) Viewed 336 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Jen, what an interesting place to find on your early morning walk. I like the way the black circles on the paper echo the dark lenses of your sunglasses.
Kathryn.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

OMGosh! I have completely missed this entire thread. Thanks to it being another hideous day of heat (108 and stagnant air) I'm on the computer catching up with you all.

I'm too far behind but I commend you all for fabulous LOs. So many terrific styles, papers and great subjects to scrap.

Now, I'm going to Amazon... :D
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

What a nice layout Pam! Loads of colors to choose from on those covers. (Started this post riding in the car - not a smart idea.). Excellent choice of papers to use.

Jen, I love the pages. It looks to be the perfect place for a morning walk.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

My cousin Bobbie, who is in this photo came over day and insisted I scrapbook something while she watched Rod. I forgot how relaxing it could be. By the pool with Bobbie, Rod and myself. I'm glad my granddaughter took this photo, he's not able go to the pool anymore. I should have cropped it but I'm lucky to get this far.
Attachments
IMG_0968.JPG
IMG_0968.JPG (59.81 KiB) Viewed 323 times
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Debbie J wrote:My cousin Bobbie, who is in this photo came over day and insisted I scrapbook something while she watched Rod. I forgot how relaxing it could be. By the pool with Bobbie, Rod and myself. I'm glad my granddaughter took this photo, he's not able go to the pool anymore. I should have cropped it but I'm lucky to get this far.
:happy94: hugs to you Deb. I'm glad your cousin encouraged you to do something creative.This is a special layout.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's so good to know you're family is looking after you. This has been a year from you-know-where for you and you deserve to have some time just for you. :happy94:

That page is so perfect. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

That's a lovely page Debbie, and I'm sure one you'll cherish. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Admittedly this is a bit of a stretch, but when I listed the challenges for myself I wrote 'cottage' beside this one. Not a scrapbook page because in recent weeks I've been focused on a class that's just started called A Naturalist's Watercolor Journal. It's through Artful Gathering online retreats and taught by Jacqueline Newbold who is one of my favourite watercolour artists and teachers; I had the opportunity to take some classes with her in Seattle a couple years ago. I like that Jacqueline incorporates some mixed media in her journals. So here is a class page I did, of a Wood Frog. I used a photo I took at the cottage last week for reference, and consulted my field guide for info. Watercoloured page with info added in pen (white Uniball Signo and black Glaze); there is some Twinkling H2O's in the frog's body to mimic it glistening in the sun, and a strip of washi along the bottom. I'm not sure the frog would agree 'the livin' is easy' - but my being at the cottage definitely fit.
Attachments
DSCN4373_r.jpg
DSCN4373_r.jpg (233.71 KiB) Viewed 313 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's wonderful and I love that it reminds you of livin' easy!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very cool. Love the art. I wish I could draw.