Summertime Challenge wk 3

pamcook

Summertime Challenge wk 3

Post by pamcook »

The theme this week is "Outdoors". Even though I spend less time outdoors in the summer than I do the rest of the year, I think of outdoor activities when I think of summer - boating, swimming, gardening, treasure hunting at the flea market, shopping at the farmers' market, porch-sitting, having coffee on the patio, picnics... Maybe even how your "outdoors" looks different this time of year - vacation scenery, gardens over-flowing with perennials (or weeds in my case), fruits, & vegetables. Different critters - spiders, snakes, turtles, wasps, hornets, fox, coyotes, & bobcats (just my neighborhood?). Your favorite trees and their stories (!). Outdoor projects - painting, before & afters of landscaping projects. Lots of ideas for this broad theme.

As always, this is up for your interpretation. If you haven't figured it out yet, these challenges are to get me out of the "We had fun at the___" type journaling rut. I take tons of photos that never make it to layouts because they aren't "special" events. When they do make it onto a layout, I end up with just a date and a location documented. The prompts are to encourage me to take pictures of what's going on around my world.

HOW COULD I FORGET!?! -BONUS POINTS when you use stamping on your project!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: Summertime Challenge wk 3

Post by pbp908 »

You forgot mowing grass. :(

And mowing. And mowing. And mowing.....
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

And beekeeping.
Fishing
outdoor concerts
Festivals
Car shows
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

pamcook wrote:And beekeeping.
Fishing
outdoor concerts
Festivals
Car shows
No bee keeping... but car shows I have :lol:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nancine wrote:
pamcook wrote:And beekeeping.
Fishing
outdoor concerts
Festivals
Car shows
No bee keeping... but car shows I have :lol:
You and me both, Girlfriend.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Bleh. Heat & humidity has me reminiscing about being outdoors in the fall. We were outdoors most all day yesterday but those photos haven't been printed yet. Awarding myself bonus points for stamping and using washi tape.
IMG_2478.JPG
IMG_2478.JPG (153.28 KiB) Viewed 862 times
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Summertime - ah, the dust thrown up by the mower, the pollen stirred up in the dust, the endless hours in the heat mowing a 9 acre yard and then looking forward to doing it again next weekend. Not to mention the two tractors that are both inoperable right now (one in each photo) while the large field gets so overgrown it'll need the bush hog to cut it. The little bit of the yard in these two photos is only a small portion of what I mowed last weekend with the riding mower. :angry48:

And people don't understand why I love the wintertime. :lol:
SummertimeBlues.jpg
SummertimeBlues.jpg (226.86 KiB) Viewed 837 times
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

That's a great page Pam. I love the colors in that collection. It really makes the green in your photos stand out.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:bump:
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oooh Pam, your Blues LO is so lovely and cooling. Sitting here in day 6 of triple digit weather (3 more days predicted) I want to dive into your LO.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Farley, it was 95 degrees with 80% humidity that day. Thankfully there was a breeze. The little raindrops that fell helped, too. :lol:
Pam P.

Keitha

Post by Keitha »

A Canadian page today, in honour of our holiday. I hope you'll forgive my interpretation of this being 'outdoors'; technically the rocks are now covered by a structure to protect them, but they're in the middle of the woods in what is now a provincial park. I'd already decided to use this paper collection from Wild Whisper Designs - a Canadian company - and as I didn't choose my papers until this morning did so with Farley's July challenge in mind: black and grey with a pop of turquoise is my take on it. Scrapbook Generation sketch; papers, journal card and stamp (triangles) from Wild Whisper Designs; embossed feathers die-cut and coloured with Distress inks. Matte sprinkles and puffy crosses added, the latter a nod to this being a sacred site. As I wrote in my journaling photos were not permitted, so I found all mine online.
Attachments
DSCN4005_r.jpg
DSCN4005_r.jpg (209.63 KiB) Viewed 723 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

Very cool page, Keitha! It's great to see a page on something historically significant and culturally important....of course, I'm a wanna be archeaologist, to this kind of stuff fascinates me. :)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

What a stunning page! I love the colors and design. Great idea to use photos you found online. I think it fits the theme perfectly.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Love this, Keitha. It would count for me - the rocks were of course outside and are now protected. I wonder if anyone has ever deciphered the glyphs?
Pam P.