Summertime Challenge wk 3

nancine

Re: Summertime Challenge wk 3

Post by nancine »

I think this counts as outdoors - I got to paddle board at my sisters place on Loon Lake. I loved it!
This is the Adirondack kit from club scrap.
Attachments
IMG_4233.JPG
IMG_4233.JPG (57.89 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Great layout! I'd say it qualifies for sure! Was it art to balance on that board?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I do love that layout Nancy!

Paddleboarding is one activity on my "You'll probably never do it" list. It looks so relaxing and fun but I can't imagine the amount of core-strength required. Plus - the whole swimming issue. I would have to wear a life vest and it's hard to look cute on a paddle board wearing a life vest. Because looking cute is the most important part. How's that for a thread hack?
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Love that layout Nancy! I'm not sure I could survive for 60 seconds on one of those paddle boards, but I do think I'd like to try someday.

So, it's literally been YEARS since I've purchased anything from Club Scrap, or even looked, for that matter. But I saw your layout and immediately thought that I may need to go get some. Jake will be working on his "Arrow of Light" award in scouts this year before he moves up to Boy Scouts, and once in scouts, there's the "Order of the Arrow" for him to work towards. That kit looks like it would go really well with the next few years of scouting.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That's very nice, Nancy, Love the blue and orange!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, the boards we used are fairly wide, so a bit more stable I think. My sister had done it a lot the weekend before and said her abs were very sore the next day!
I think my twice weekly boot camp helps, and she makes I do lots of core work!

We had to have life jackets "on board our vessel" along with a whistle. But I'm a good swimmer - so there's that!

Try it, youlll like it!

Julie, I think the colors would work great for vboy scouts, several arrow motifs on paper too.
nancine

Post by nancine »

I'm still in summer!
Is fits for outdoors. This Lagoon kit and all the mermaid stuff fits for me and my girlfriends floating on the river!
Attachments
IMG_4344.JPG
IMG_4344.JPG (65.32 KiB) Viewed 237 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Love this. And bonus points for using the stencil.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great layout and bonus points for getting 8 pictures on a double page without it looking "heavy". The stencil is pretty danged cool as well.
Pam Cook #48