Be the Boss of your Supplies

ScrappinJen

Be the Boss of your Supplies

Post by ScrappinJen »

I took a class last year from Ali Edwards on Storytelling with Project Life. Sometimes it takes a couple viewings for the information to sink in. Last week I re-watched the video when she told us to be the boss of our Project Life cards. Cut 'em up. Use 'em. Decorate 'em. So I finally took her suggestion and went to town on some of my sets. The first one is the Surf's Up set I bought from CTMH several years back.

I cut them up, mixed and matched the pieces and added some Doodlebug enamel dots and stamping. Ali Edwards and Evalicious. Happy with the result. These are 6x8 pages, by the way.
Attachments
PAO Swimming.jpg
PAO Swimming.jpg (245.85 KiB) Viewed 740 times
ScrappinJen

Re: Be the Boss of your Supplies

Post by ScrappinJen »

This next one is a two pager, also from Surf's Up from Close to my Heart. Some wood veneers, stamping, pieces cut and pieces together, pop dotted. And I'd like extra credit for handwritten journaling, please.
Attachments
PAO Hangtown.jpg
PAO Hangtown.jpg (225.63 KiB) Viewed 739 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Very nice Jen! Love the summer photos. It's been 93 in Mesa today, I'm going swin suit shopping tomorrow, ugh!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Last one for tonight is from a Sports Themed kit. I seriously only bought it because it had a popcorn card. And a few baseball themed cards. The rest of it, not so much. So if anyone wants soccer, basketball or football themed cards, let me know. I made the best of it. The detail doesn't really show. I cut the hot dog from a second card and popped it up. Looks cute IRL. Wood veneers and inking on all. Handwritten journaling again. More extra credit. I think I will like this being the boss of my stuff thing. I also think for this season of my life, 6x8 pocket cards will be sufficient. I'm still scrapping 12x12 for everything prior to 2016. And if I ever go on another big trip, I may scrap it that way. But I figure I have enough photos prior to 2016 to use up every scrap of 12x12 paper I have on the premises. From now it's a Pocket Life for me.
Attachments
PAO Ruffhaus.jpg
PAO Ruffhaus.jpg (225.14 KiB) Viewed 737 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I couldn't find the challenge thread for Project Life cards so I started my own. I think I have solved this riddle for myself. My dissatisfaction with this style always stemmed from the fact that I was bored by just placing cards in pockets. Now that I figured out how to gussy them up a bit, I am quite liking them. Hope you can indulge me while I dip my toes into this new style (for me) of scrapping.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

There are no real scrappin' police Jen, they exist only in our head. lol
Your interpretation of 6 X 8 pocket pages is great.
So...
Way to go on these smaller unique pages...I love them!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great pages! I agree that just placing the cards in pockets is about as boring as it gets for me. Saw a post yesterday where a woman used a tag punch and used up a bunch of her cards to make tags - even added eyelets to the hole. She's using them as price tags for items she sells.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

You da Boss, Jen! Love what you've done with these cards. I agree - on their own PL cards can be boring, especially if there are a few of them on a spread.
We're a baseball family too - with a bit of competitive swimming thrown in just 'cause everyone's not busy enough already.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Debbie J wrote:Very nice Jen! Love the summer photos. It's been 93 in Mesa today, I'm going swin suit shopping tomorrow, ugh!
93 - I'm jealous. It's just freezing here, although we had a dusting of snow again this morning. Are you permanently in AZ now?
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I like these Jen
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Catching up! Jen your pages are fabulous and I like this format you are doing.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Thanks, all, I'm quite satisfied with the results and itching to get at those cards again. I'm actually relieved PSL is over now. I think I'm good for about four weeks and then my interest level starts waning. I'm itching to get at things that don't qualify for a challenge and/or use Club Scrap materials.