A Saturday Challenge

pbp908

A Saturday Challenge

Post by pbp908 »

Do you have those photos that you've put off scrapping because they just don't inspire you? Do you have kits that have been hanging around forever taking up valuable space but you can't bring yourself to let them go?

I challenge you to do something with them. Scrap the photos, use the stash, or get rid of it. Post your results here, even if it's a photo of your full trash can or a RAK box for a library or school, but I'd rather see some LOs. I promise to NOT send anything to the winner of this challenge! Your prize will be knowing that you don't still have those photos or stash hanging around unloved.

And yes, this challenge applies to me, too. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: A Saturday Challenge

Post by pamcook »

Brilliant!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:Brilliant!

DITTO!!!
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Whooohoooooo!! Good challenge!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Photos are from 2006, paper is Sept. 2013 Scrapbook Generations kit. This was Chris' first summer at Cannon Music/Appalachian State. It was during my blonde phase, but we won't talk about that. :lol: Love the photo of me and Chris - so nice to feel normal sized!

These photos were rediscovered while cleaning/ridding. I had started scrapping them in 2006 using CS paper - greys, greens and reds. I took one look at the unfinished LOs and said "Yuck." While this kit isn't perfect, done is done and I'm much happier with this than the other. There's still some photos from that time so more to come in a bit.
Cannon1L.jpg
Cannon1L.jpg (218.82 KiB) Viewed 746 times
Cannon1R.jpg
Cannon1R.jpg (225.58 KiB) Viewed 746 times
Pam P.

pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

2006 is finished! (I hope.) Last of Cannon except for making pockets on the back for the programs. More of the Sept. 2013 SG kit. I even used some of those dratted TH plastic letters.

Are you guys going to leave me hanging out here by myself??
Cannon2L.jpg
Cannon2L.jpg (217 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Cannon2R.jpg
Cannon2R.jpg (221.37 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Well done Pam! All your LOs look great and of course I always love seeing kids and their music events.

I may still have time tonight to make a LO. Dinner guests coming tomorrow so I have to hustle for tomorrow.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Holy crap! I had no idea he was that tall! How tall is that child?

I hope to get to this tomorrow. Out all day running errands and having neck spasms again. Tomorrow will be better, I just know it.

The pages are great!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Chris was 6'9" at last measurement. That was a few years ago, so he's probably grown another foot.
Pam P.

mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That was going to be my first question, Pam, about how tall Chris is. We know how tall you are! Well done, using the photos and the kit.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great pages, Pam! Laughing at your dratted plastic letters, I like them.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I did, in fact, work on both of these topics yesterday. I uncovered the old CS Generations kit which had been cut into but with no obvious plan. So I went to work and made several layouts with the scraps, using old photos that I just didn't feel like scrapping before now. Need to finish off with words or embellies and then I shall post. Thanks for the challenge. Doesn't it feel good to get those photos on to pages. And, man, I'm NEVER going to stand next to Chris.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Bummed that I missed this last weekend! This would have been a good one for me - there is a pile of photos I've been staring at lately, and it keeps staring back at me. Had I looked here last week at all, I'd have been all over this challenge. But I was busting my butt trying to meet a deadline at work (which my team met, but there were other entities who treated the deadline as a mere suggestion).

I'm due to spend my ENTIRE weekend selling girl scout cookies (3 booths just this weekend!), but maybe I'll keep this at the back of my head as something to look forward to after I'm done counting cookies and counting money. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

No time limit, Julie. You've probably got a few of those SG kits sitting around, too. I still have a couple more. I'd donate them but I still like them. Except for the large Mason jars, not wild about them.
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yeah, I've still got quite a few of those SG kits laying around for sure - several layouts made, and several kits still waiting to be made. Some of them I really should just give up though. Like I have an Easter one, and we don't ever celebrate Easter. Then there was a whole big kit with the 5 layout that had three that were all hears and valentines day. Yet another holiday that doesn't get a ton of attention, and even if it's acknowledged, there are never any photos.

But yeah, I'll find something to work on and post here. Girl child is begging for a sleepover this weekend to celebrate her birthday, and I'm sure it would be good for my health to have something else to focus on besides all of the noise that's likely to generate.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO