Currently Challenge for Jan 2017

mpizzazz

Re: Currently Challenge for Jan 2017

Post by mpizzazz »

katymjo wrote:Marianne, Have you forgotten the colours in our bathroom?
Apparently!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Katherine - your layout is lovely!

I need to get to work on mine. I was home all day Saturday, but just couldn't find the motivation to do anything other than de-Christmas the living room.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very very nice layout. About you. Love your colors.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great page and lovely photo Kathryn - bonus points for being first! I was not born in December but do like turquoise - and also have a turquoise bathroom.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Thankyou, friends for your kind comments. Hope to see some of your smiling faces soon!
Kathryn.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

katymjo wrote:Hope to see some of your smiling faces soon!
Kathryn.
That would mean we have to be in a photo...mine are so few and far between sadly. I should have that as a goal for 2017, BE IN THE PHOTO.

I'd take a selfie, but they never seem flattering to me.

I'll work on this challenge.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I finally did one! This is from January 1 of this year, so the photos of me don't get any more current than that. Our YMCA had a big zumba party to kick off the new year and I was determined to start the year off with a good workout. The woman on the left side of the photo is one of my favorite zumba instructors ever, and she's probably the reason I've kept my Y membership for three years. She JUST had a baby a month ago, and this was her first time back. She didn't teach, but she participated as much as she could. The other woman is another zumba buddy - the instructor's mom.

All in all, I'm friends with four zumba and body pump (weight training) instructors on FB, and have added another 6 or so workout buddies that I've met through the Y classes. This is the first page in my 2017 album, and I hope it sets the pace for the new year. I don't love exercise, but I do look forward to dancing with these ladies as often as I can.
Attachments
IMG_4298.jpg
IMG_4298.jpg (153.35 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Julie Fugina
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Julie :cool5: :cool5: :cool5: way to go girl. May you Zumba your way through 2017 with a smile on your face, and a song in your heart.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Julie, what a fun photo of you with your Zumba buddies! Great layout too!
Kathryn.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I really enjoy zumba and I hate exercise. Hate isn't a strong enough word.

I do love your page and your determination. Don't wait until you're 60 like me to take control of your health again. You've proven you can do it.

BTW - I have those leggings and they're my favorite!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Good one, Julie! Keep up the good work!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great page, Julie!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

What Pam said!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pamcook wrote:I really enjoy zumba and I hate exercise. Hate isn't a strong enough word.

I do love your page and your determination. Don't wait until you're 60 like me to take control of your health again. You've proven you can do it.

BTW - I have those leggings and they're my favorite!

I'm totally with you on the HATE thing. I pay a lot for the Y membership (because I have a family membership and hold out hope that Rob will actually GO someday), but all I use it for is their group exercise classes. I still have to psych myself up to go, because skipping is far too easy, but sometimes what gets me there, literally is the idea that I'll see Dottie and get to ask her how Bethany is doing, or see Cassie and ask about the twins, or see Amanda and ask how the new house is coming along. Exercise needs to have a social component, or it just has zero appeal at all.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I was also so determined to use my new cricut for something that it took me a full 2 hours to do that layout - most of that time spent figuring out what to cut out for the title.
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Kathryn your LO just made me smile. It's so wonderful to see a clear photo of you and your happy, lovely face in such a beautiful setting. Wonderful LO and your simple journaling is perfect. It really inspires me to get my Great Purge over and done with so I can set up some scrapping ideas that I have.

Julie, I love your LO and what it represents. The combination of your determination to be healthy and exercise plus nurturing the friendships you've made through it is quite a statement about YOU. It's wonderful and I just know you can keep the program going.

I'm not all that fond of exercise either (is anyone?) but I do know how great I feel after I've done an hour of aquafit (where I've made wonderful friends...one a SU/card maker!), EZ2B Strong, and my latest addition (at 5:15am) to the routine is Power Pump...50 minutes of cardio weight training. Sounds similar to one of your classes Julie. I have to modify a lot of it but I kept up last week and plan on returning tomorrow to give it a 2nd go. I love having exercise out of the way so early and then the rest of the day is open for birding or crafting or both!

PamC, thanks for this great idea. I feel fired up to make a LO soon.
FARLEY in Sacramento