December 2016 Layout Sketch

Keitha

December 2016 Layout Sketch

Post by Keitha »

I had every intention of getting a sketch challenge up on the first, but confess last week got away from me. Then I was oh-so-tempted to take a page out of Farley's book and skip it this month; so my compromise is I'm sharing a sketch and layout - not so much as a challenge, but simply for something to work from if you want to.
I'd decided on a single page sketch and in fact got my page finished - only to discover I had more (better) photos from the day, so added a companion page. Not sure, if I'd started with all 5 photos, this is what I'd have done - but there you have it.
So without further ado, the sketch from PageMaps December 2016:
PageMaps Dec16_r.jpg
PageMaps Dec16_r.jpg (187.88 KiB) Viewed 451 times
And my layout:
Attachments
DSCN3119_r.jpg
DSCN3119_r.jpg (220.48 KiB) Viewed 451 times
pbp908

Re: December 2016 Layout Sketch

Post by pbp908 »

I love decorated windows! Great pages.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That worked out great. No one would ever know it wasn't meant to be a double layout from the beginning. I really like the silhouettes of the people looking at the windows behind the title. This really reminds me of Christmas trips to Philly to see the windows in the big department stores.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Thanks Keitha, I will definitely use that sketch, I really appreciate you posting sketches!

Yours is very nice, I tried to read the journaling by zooming in on my IPad, but couldn't make it out.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks ladies. Debbie, the journaling reads "As kids Mom would take us downtown to Simpsons, the big corner window enchanting us with its animated Christmas diorama. The Bay continues the tradition in these festive windows, always worth stopping to look at amid the bustle of Christmas shopping."

I did a bit of research as I was putting this layout together and learned that from 2007-2015 the windows were pretty much the same, but this year they have unveiled a brand new design of animated forest animals in a winter wonderland. No Santa, no reindeer, not so much as a hint of anything that specifically says "Christmas", in keeping with the fact that Toronto is truly a multicultural city and as a nod to what is politically correct these days. I've decided in this instance I'm okay with that - it is just a department store - and am looking forward to getting downtown and seeing the new windows for myself.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Great sketch Keitha and your LO is wonderful. It has spawned childhood memories for many of us. Mine is going to San Francisco with my parents to see the windows of all the department stores on Union Square and the area. Macy's and Gumps were always spectacular as was the florist Podesta & Baldacci.
FARLEY in Sacramento