Rapid Fire Challenge #5

pamcook

Rapid Fire Challenge #5

Post by pamcook »

No, I haven't started #4 yet but I might - after I finish packing my suitcase. Maybe.

This one - Tell A Story. This page should have more journaling than you're used to. It may or may not have pictures/memorabilia. You know - one of those pages you hope to do "someday" to record that story. I don't do this type journaling often but when I do, I imagine myself showing a picture to someone and really making note of what I would tell the other person. I typically need to write it on a piece of paper - sometimes two or three times. The picture I plan to use is one of my grandma with 4 of her daughters standing in the snow by their house. Aunt Nora Ellen is in the picture. She had Down's syndrome and died as a young girl (probably had PFO or ASD). I want to record what little I know about her. I'll ask my mom and my aunt to tell me what they remember. That's the plan anyway.
Pam Cook #48
clamscrapper

Re: Rapid Fire Challenge #5

Post by clamscrapper »

Pam, what a great idea to get these memories recorded. I so wish I had someone to ask all those questions that I have about family. Mom and dad are both gone. There's no one in his family left and only two on her side. Neither one of those two know any more than I do. I can't stress enough to seek out those family members and record their history. I never realized how important the memories I do have would become. I have some old pictures on my dads side that I so wish I knew who they were and how they were related.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Yes, I certainly wish I had asked more questions when there were family members around. I did try asking my grandfather (who died in 1971) about his father & family but never could get him to answer. He joked about our last name. My maiden name - Kosack & he would say it was Von Kosack and laugh. I wish I had pressed more. Can't find out anything on them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I asked my Dad a lot of questions on our last visit together. Mainly just the who and where. So I have some info. I'm going to grill my Mom in November when she visits.
nancine

Post by nancine »

ScrappinJen wrote:I asked my Dad a lot of questions on our last visit together. Mainly just the who and where. So I have some info. I'm going to grill my Mom in November when she visits.

Too bad your Dad didn't write a blog like the Geezer :lol: who my Mom says spends LOADS of time working on it! And calls us girls occasionally to ask questions!!
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Just did this one today.... we didn't take a photo of the actual couple at the overlook... would have been kind of rude at the time... but they were just the cutest elderly couple all bundled up in their flannel layers... and it's one of THE stories we continue to tell about the trip... here we were looking at the Colorado River and she asked (loudly enough that everyone heard) if that was a little bit of water down there. We wondered how many adventures they'd been on in their lifetimes and how many times he had so sweetly answered her every question.
Attachments
IMG_1899.JPG
IMG_1899.JPG (67.54 KiB) Viewed 398 times
IMG_1900.JPG
IMG_1900.JPG (56.64 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

It's these kind of moments that make your trip memories all the more special. Lovely LO.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

What a great little story!