Rapid fire challenge #2

pamcook

Rapid fire challenge #2

Post by pamcook »

I'm not sure it's legal to post the second challenge given that mine isn't 100% finished but I'm a rule-breaker anyway.

This next challenge is to use cut-aparts or Project Life-type cards. Don't have any? Then make your own or use some pre-packaged embellishments. Bonus points if you alter the product in any way. Mega-bonus points if you make something using another challenge - it can be OCAM, a card challenge, or scrapbook challenge.

Have fun!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Re: Rapid fire challenge #2

Post by ScrappinJen »

I'm not cut out for this. I can't keep up.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Maybe I can consider this. It plays right into my recent goal to try to use those darn cards. Why do I have so many of them? Thanks.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

If you figure that out, let me know.
When I cut them up or use punches on them, I find them to be more useful.

No one should feel like there are deadlines attached to these.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Hey, I already did this one without knowing it. Those stamped images for Challenge #1 were on a lot of cut up or whole PL type cards. I don't have a lot, just what I got in kits, I never did buy a box of them, but now I just throw them into my scrap bags as random pieces of paper. Unless they have words on them I actually think I might use in this lifetime or they look like journaling cards, it's just a piece of paper. So don't treat it like it was precious. If the paper is double sided, I put it in the colored scrap bag I think I will more likely use.

Edited:
Forgot to mention, many of the cutaparts are white on the back. I threw a lot of those into my White scraps bag to replenish my little pieces of paper that I grab when I want to stamp or diecut something.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Bonus points for anyone who uses Marianne's cards for motivation. :lol:

Oh man, imagine the adoration if anyone puts together a travel journal for this challenge!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

While thinking about this challenge, I wonder: What makes a PL card a PL card? Does it have to be 3x4 or 4x6? Do the corners need to be rounded? As I said before, it's a piece of paper to me. Or is that sacrilegious like saying a Club Scrap kit is "just" paper? :lol: :tomato:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Obviously PL is a brand. Other companies jumped on the band wagon. Some have titles, some just designs, some with grids or lines for journaling. They're made for divided pocket scrapbook pages. Is that what you're asking?
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

If you're asking if you can make your own for this challenge, the answer is of course, "yes". I don't like the rounded corners even just a little bit.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:Obviously PL is a brand. Other companies jumped on the band wagon. Some have titles, some just designs, some with grids or lines for journaling. They're made for divided pocket scrapbook pages. Is that what you're asking?
I'm not sure what I was asking. :lol: I know what the cards are and what they are for but what makes them a card and not just a piece of paper. Is it because they are heavier weight like a playing card? I guess I haven't seen enough of the real ones to know what they feel like. Most of the ones I have are probably just cut from a sheet of paper.

I will probably make/decorate my own. I searched for Project Life cards and found a zillion you can print for free. Some nice ones with different quotes, not a "Best Day Ever" in sight.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Their mostly just card stock weight or between card stock and patterned paper usually.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks, Pam. So homemade ones wouldn't be far off.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You know that I'm tempted to package up about half of my PL cards and send them to you!

I used one cut apart square as is and then used others with my punches. Like Marianne mentioned, the backs of many are white so I have 100's of scraps of white paper!

Let me just say, it's not easy using red & green without looking like Christmas!

Well, in real life the watercolor red isn't so orange and the background paper isn't so pink! Just imagine them the same shade of rosey-red. Yes, a two-page layout. Second in a month. That picture of Zain and his BFF Muhammed cracks me up every time I see it. Their poor teacher! There's enough mischief in the two of them for the whole classroom.

In the journaling, I mention that I do know it's really "National Day" not "UAE Day". I should have naming rights.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (93.15 KiB) Viewed 563 times
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Don't you dare send them to me, Pam. I'm happy in my ignorance.

You must get extra bonus point for another 2 pager. According to Keitha, they are making a comeback. :cool5: So you are on the cutting edge! :clap:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Cutting edge!! :lol: :lol:
Pam Cook #48