Rapid-fire challenges - Day 1

pamcook

Rapid-fire challenges - Day 1

Post by pamcook »

Evidently I need challenges to motivate myself. In the current Shimelle class, she suggested we write down 20 prompts on strips of paper, put them in a jar, and choose one each day of the class.
I'm going to post one every couple of days or so. I hope you'll join in.
You can either write down your own prompts or use mine.

Day 1 - Use a pristine stamp. If you don't one, please be brave enough to put that in writing! :lol: If it's a set of stamps, don't feel you have to use the whole set - unless you want to. Seriously, if you don't have a pristine stamp (as in brand new, never used before), then just use one that has been neglected, or a favorite - the idea is to be creating with your stamps.

Non-scrapbookers should of course, feel free to join in

Don't drag your feet - you never know when I'll post the next one.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: Rapid-fire challenges - Day 1

Post by pbp908 »

Unused stamps? Unused stamps???? Who, me????? :twisted:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

It will take me days to sift through my stamps to find an unused one. Sorry. I can't participate.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

And for some people, you have to choose from the first three sets of stamps you pick up because having too many supplies is never a good excuse.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Who, me?
Attachments
image.png
image.png (39.92 KiB) Viewed 580 times
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

If someone doesn't have a pristine stamp... they can come to my house and borrow one... LOL

It's actually something I find pretty funny... if I'm scrapping with Helen, she won't use one of my stamps if it doesn't look like I've used it before... she always says I should use it first since it's mine... so I usually grab it, ink it, and smoosh it onto paper and then tell her... OK.. you can use it now... :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I have a friend. My SU friend. Whose stamps I won't use for fear of messing them up. Her used stamps look like they are brand spanking new.

I'll let Farley tell you how I messed up one of her CTMH stamps.

Back on topic, I have started your challenge, Pam, but as slow as I scrap, I'm sure the next challenge will be posted before I finish.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I know just the stamps to use for this but I'm afraid if I start pulling out stamps, it's going to mean I get into reorganizing them all. There needs to be a lot of purging done-again!

:hijack: What do you all do with unmounted stamps that you don't want anymore? Do you just toss them? I would have no idea how to make them look presentable/desirable to someone else.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Organizing would be a rules infraction.

My first thought would be to stamp the images onto scraps. Would that be too much like work?

It's after 8 pm and I'm just now home from work. I think I'll go choose a stamp set and then seek out some inspiration. Sounds like a plan, right.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Don't know if I can keep up with all your prompts but I can certainly do this one. Good idea choosing from the first 3 I find or I could be at my desk deciding for a week! This may be a card however rather than a LO. We shall see.

Thank you Pam for this challenge. I was thinking yesterday how quiet it has been here. We need your challenges!
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Marianne,

Just toss them in a box and bring them to the beach next spring. We'll find a home for them.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:Organizing would be a rules infraction.

My first thought would be to stamp the images onto scraps. Would that be too much like work?

It's after 8 pm and I'm just now home from work. I think I'll go choose a stamp set and then seek out some inspiration. Sounds like a plan, right.
Ok, if I start reorganizing them (which would include stamping new image sheets so I can see what the stamps say), I won't tell you. ;)
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Just to prove I'm actually working on this. I know, Pam, you will post Day 2 before I finish this. So you know I'm not fibbing. I used a stamp I had never inked before. I can't believe it. What was I waiting for?????
Attachments
Framed Stamp.jpg
Framed Stamp.jpg (104.51 KiB) Viewed 553 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

You of all people never stamped THAT stamp??? :lol: I like the looks of it so far. Great colors.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

oooohhhh...Jennifer... I love those colors and what a great stamp!

You will probably beat me. Tonight's water aerobics. I can barely move after water aerobics. Because there's no pain, I never have enough sense to pace myself during the class.

I know which stamp and which photo (5x7). Today I hope to decide on colors and a page design. If I can move tonight, I could at least get started on it. We'll see how it goes.
Pam Cook #48