Rachelle's July2016 Kill a Kit or Something like that!

azemigh

Rachelle's July2016 Kill a Kit or Something like that!

Post by azemigh »

I've decided to interpret this challenge kind of loosely. I haven't physically scrapped photos in probably over 2 years and I don't think it's even possible to "kill" a digital kit. I guess maybe if you accidentally deleted the graphics files that would kill it. Anyway, I went through my alsb layouts from years and years and have more than a hundred, so I thought I might try to kill some of those off by adding as many pics to layouts as I can. I even came across a few that had the photos with them, just need to adhere, embellish and journal and they'd be good to go. So, this is where I will post as I get them done.
paddlegal

Re: Rachelle's July2016 Kill a Kit or Something like that!

Post by paddlegal »

That is a brilliant idea. Why didn't I think of that?
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yes, brilliant.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

This is exactly what I hope will happen! I can't wait to see all you do!
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I'm off to the races! This is a very old ALSB using the CS Tuscany kit. I also threw in some embellishments from Collections and Raku. The pictures were tucked in so I obviously had planned to use it awhile back. The journaling on the back of the tag tells the story of Gus's (our dog) hike out on a backpacking trip in the Trinity Alps in northern California. Gus had gone on a day hike with us up to Emerald Lake and the rocks we were climbing on were like sandpaper creating big blisters on his front foot pads. We had an 8-mile hike out to the car over 2 nights starting the next day and didn't know how he was going to make it. We ended up cutting one of our stuff sacks into pieces to make boots for him. He ended up needing 2 pairs to make it out, and these pics are from the night we stayed along the trail out. He was completely exhausted, but his feet did start to heal up.

I apologize for the atrocious photography of the layout, this was the best out of 4 and it's blurry and off kilter. Sheesh! Oh, and bonus points for using the Fastenator thingy?
Attachments
SorePaws.jpg
SorePaws.jpg (74.56 KiB) Viewed 509 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Aww, poor Gus! How clever of you to make him booties from your camping gear. I chuckled at the Fastenator...I had one of those. It does serve a great decorative purpose...if I'd remember to use it. Great job mixing kits.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh poor Gus! Who would have thought?

So glad you're getting these pages done and bonus points for sure! I had forgotten about that tool.
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

poor Gus - but looks like you guys took good care of him!
bonus points - fastenator!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Poor pup. Great to record it. I don't know the Fascinator.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I zoomed in and everything and for the life of me I don't see what you are talking about. When I here fascinatior I think of those English hats.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Great page, Rachelle! Poor doggy.

The Fastenator was a version of a stapler, with larger staples that had designs, words, or images on them. I think I still have a few packages somewhere.... :lol: I never had any luck using the Fastenator tool, but I've used a paper piercer to make holes, inserted the staple, and bent back the prongs with a bone folder.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Staples.
I hated staples SO much in my working days that once they tried to foist them onto me in my scrappy life, I planted my feet and REFUSED.. Ain't no staples going in my scrapbooks.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:Great page, Rachelle! Poor doggy.

The Fastenator was a version of a stapler, with larger staples that had designs, words, or images on them. I think I still have a few packages somewhere.... :lol: I never had any luck using the Fastenator tool, but I've used a paper piercer to make holes, inserted the staple, and bent back the prongs with a bone folder.

I had trouble getting mine to work also. I remember now that I tried to sell it for a $1 at the last LSS garage sale. No takers. :lol: It was promptly donated.
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Debbie J wrote:I zoomed in and everything and for the life of me I don't see what you are talking about. When I here fascinatior I think of those English hats.
Yes, it is a large stapler and I used it on the 3 tags on the right hand page. I find that if I'm not real worried about placement it works perfectly, it's when I try to actually hit a certain mark that the thing doesn't work. I do like them for some uses.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Today, I worked on my entry for this week's creative chemistry challenge. I made 3 tags for this alsb layout that uses another oldie but goodie from CS, Salsa kit. I also used some Painted Desert die cuts and the kokopelli stamp from Adobe. Flowers are all handmade from Tim Holtz tattered flowers dies. Pics are from the Chihuly exhibit at the Phoenix Botanical Garden.
Attachments
ChihulyMarblePaint.jpg
ChihulyMarblePaint.jpg (67.79 KiB) Viewed 467 times
MarbledPaintTags.jpg
MarbledPaintTags.jpg (122.74 KiB) Viewed 467 times
ChihulyintheDesert.jpg
ChihulyintheDesert.jpg (96.09 KiB) Viewed 467 times