July 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

ScrappinJen

July 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

Onward and upward. Another sketch from Pagemaps. I wanted one for two photos. So here is another single pager. Hope you like it.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (111.13 KiB) Viewed 615 times
ScrappinJen

Re: July 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

And here is my sample which will be cross-posted (more bonus points?).
I used a piece of paper in a Shimelle pad that I never dreamed I'd have a use for. The other one was used previously by covering up the rocket ship. In May, my brother and his GE Aircraft Engineer wife shared drinks with Jim Lovell and Gene Kranz at the GE Propulsion Hall of Fame dinner. Houston, we've had a problem (which was actually the message). I just had to scrap these photos with Shimelle's rocket. See? If you hang onto paper long enough, you'll have a use for it. I like my results though cI still can't cluster like Pam and Shimelle.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (131.79 KiB) Viewed 613 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Great LO Jen. A memorable occasion.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Love this! How could you possibly have any better paper for this? It's fabulous.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Very cool sketch and wonderful layout completed Jen.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

Way cool! Dana would have been in heaven. What a career she's had and your brother has supported!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Loved this sketch Jen.

This is a double post! Woo-hoo! An explanation can be found on my Kill The Kit thread. I used my beloved Kelly Purkey Mon Ami kit. If only I could find another one. Sigh.

Birding the Bypass - Global Big Day
Attachments
20160702_161514-640x640.jpg
20160702_161514-640x640.jpg (141.51 KiB) Viewed 571 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Comments on cross post. Great layout. Maybe you will find it at Tuesday Morning?
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I really like all the tid bits of paper strips you used and your handwriting is so beautiful. Love that paper too.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:Comments on cross post. Great layout. Maybe you will find it at Tuesday Morning?

I check there regularly now. It's of course hit or miss with them.

Debbie thank you. Those little strips that are meant to be cut off the edges of 12x12s are perfect for those tucked away edges.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful layout Farley! I love the way you used those little strips also. I tend to save them when I do scrap booking for that very use, just don't get around to using them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

ScrappinJen wrote:And here is my sample which will be cross-posted (more bonus points?).
I used a piece of paper in a Shimelle pad that I never dreamed I'd have a use for. The other one was used previously by covering up the rocket ship. In May, my brother and his GE Aircraft Engineer wife shared drinks with Jim Lovell and Gene Kranz at the GE Propulsion Hall of Fame dinner. Houston, we've had a problem (which was actually the message). I just had to scrap these photos with Shimelle's rocket. See? If you hang onto paper long enough, you'll have a use for it. I like my results though cI still can't cluster like Pam and Shimelle.

Very cool occasion and memories.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

paddlegal wrote:Loved this sketch Jen.

This is a double post! Woo-hoo! An explanation can be found on my Kill The Kit thread. I used my beloved Kelly Purkey Mon Ami kit. If only I could find another one. Sigh.

So when I first read the sign I saw "Welcome to Midlife Bypass Area" :lol: (I need my coffee)

I love how you used all the strips
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Both great layouts! Jen, what a wonderful occasion to document, and with the perfect paper to do it. Farley, I always enjoy your birding layouts; don't think I've ever seen that paper before.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ChristyB wrote:
paddlegal wrote:Loved this sketch Jen.

So when I first read the sign I saw "Welcome to Midlife Bypass Area" :lol: (I need my coffee)

I love how you used all the strips

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're right! It does look like that. Maybe that's why I like hanging out there.

And thanks all for the great comments.
FARLEY in Sacramento