Jennifer's June 2016 LOAD layouts

paddlegal

Re: Jennifer's June 2016 LOAD layouts

Post by paddlegal »

Love those rounded triangles! Old school maybe but good school.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Way to go using up that 6 x 6 paper. I have a never ending supply of it.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

As if....

As if I will ever use it up. Ha ha. Bought another pad on Friday. So much for Paper Probation.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

DAY TWENTY NINE

I had these photos printed years ago (I think 2004) but never got around to building a layout. I must have had a sketch in mind but it has long ago left my mind. So I threw this together using CS Bridges which I have been hoarding since 2008. It's a sickness. I left a space for adding the date when I can figure it out. Other than that, it is beyond simple. I looked for some waterfowl embellishments but I guess I have none or they are so well filed I can't find them. If you have any suggestions for embellishment, feel free to let me know. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (86.95 KiB) Viewed 276 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Good job Jen. I really liked that CS Kit.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Love the foggy photo of the Old FO Bridge. Bridges was a favorite of mine also. Funny thing, I used that set for the photos of the same bridge and the big bridge over Lake Natoma that I took while kayaking
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's beautiful! I love the mood.
I'm exhausted tonight - feathers are the only thing I can come up with. Maybe view master reel pieces tucked in here and there? Do you have any washi tape that would work?
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I would try a cluster to the left of your husband the overlapped a bit of the bridge photo. A second smaller cluster incorporating the yellow quote block and the smallest cluster on the bottom right page. A few splatters of some mist and a few enamel dots and you're golden!

Somehow I clicked "quote" instead of "edit". I'm very tired!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

DAY THIRTY

This is a mash up of CS Transformations and Lotus Pond using a sketch from Allison Davis. Photos taken at Buddha Creek in Sedona. You can see, as usual, I'm waaaaay out of the box. NOT. When I saw that cut apart with the rock duck (or cairn) on it, I knew the photos I would have to use with it. I pulled out that pink from Lotus Pond to try to emphasize the colors of the red rocks in the background. I just don't have the cluster and embellishment skill the rest of you have. I tossed some sequins and other leave-like embellishments I found in my CS stash. It's the best I can do.

Man, I can't believe we have come to the end of the month. I hope to fill in my blank days over the holiday weekend because I am determined to post thirty layouts. There are several on my desk in various stages of completion so I am certain I can do it. Plus I need to post a sketch for tomorrow (which may be late). Anyway, enough for today. It's movie night and I need to venture out into the triple digit weather. YUCKO. At least the theatre is usually like an icebox. Have a great holiday weekend!!!!
Attachments
PAO LOAD DAY THIRTY.jpg
PAO LOAD DAY THIRTY.jpg (234.07 KiB) Viewed 256 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

This is probably the best use of Lotus Pond I've ever seen. The pink is perfect. I had a love/hate relationship with that kit but strangely it worked for a birding album (your sister traded with me for Lotus stamps:) when it was a new kit.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

some more great layouts
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Excellent color choices!
Day thirty, indeed!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

DAY TWENTY FOUR

Determined to post 30 layouts for June. This is a cross post from my monthly sketch. Now that I've photographed and posted it, I see that I left one of my journaling strips off so I'll have to redo that block. It's always something. Anyway still working, now on number 25. And Lucyg has lured me into a Facebook challenge for the weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to multitask.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (131.79 KiB) Viewed 244 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

DAY TWENTY FIVE

A day at the Folsom Zoo which is actually a Sanctuary for rescued animals, mostly indigenous to the area. So I used a camping paper pad rather than zoo papers. Seemed more appropriate. And I'm asking for bonus points for using/not hoarding a BoBunny Take a Hike 6x6 pad I just bought last Friday. Also, first use of my Nuvo Crystal Drops, recently purchased and not hoarded. I must be a new person.
Thanks for looking and commenting.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (141.18 KiB) Viewed 238 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

DAY TWENTY SIX

Lucyg lured me into a FB challenge group and we were given a layout to CASE today. This is my offering. I used a Simple Stories paper pad, stamps and dies from Technique Tuesday and pennants from my current SU Paper Pumpkin kit. In addition to our Kill A Kit challenge, a Westie friend Rinda challenged us to challenge ourselves thus weekend. My self-challenge is to use my MUCH HOARDED Technique Tuesday Memory Keepers sets on every layout this weekend. So this one uses Summer Adventure. The layout above uses This Is.
One layout to go to make my thirty. Whew!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (212.26 KiB) Viewed 238 times