June 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

ScrappinJen

June 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

I found this sketch in the May, 2015, issue of CREATE magazine. Here's a link to the Scrapbook Generation website: https://issuu.com/sgcreate/docs/create_ ... 5/31412839

I actually read it on ISSUU but I realize you may not want to get involved in that can of worms. But if you are so inclined, there are many completed layouts using this sketch. I was looking for a two page layout and after searching and searching, I realized Keitha indicated she probably wouldn't be able to scrap this month anyway. DUH. Well, it will be there for all time.

Hope you like it. My sample will follow. Multi-tasking, of course, I will start my LOAD thread as well. Thanks for playing along.
Attachments
PAO June 2016 Sketch.jpg
PAO June 2016 Sketch.jpg (68.34 KiB) Viewed 643 times
ScrappinJen

Re: June 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

Post by ScrappinJen »

So here is the sample I cooked up. I switched up the photo arrangement to meet my needs. Hope you are enticed to play along. And hey, Pam, I forced myself to use enamel dots. Although mine are squares.

Looking at this on screen I know you're probably thinking, but this doesn't look at all like the sketch. Well, the bare bones base of it is the sketch. And then I went rogue. It's done and another one for the books.
Attachments
PAO June 2016 Sketch.jpg
PAO June 2016 Sketch.jpg (247.23 KiB) Viewed 641 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Ahhh, I really like that and your example is great!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Can I award you bonus points in your own thread? Well, I am! And now I want pie.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I finally spotted the errant plane! Your LO is wonderful.

Do we need to remind you of what everyone keeps reminding me??? The sketch is just a beginning point for your interpretation! (Says the person who almost always has to do it exactly like the sketch.) I could immediately see this done with circles, diamonds, etc., so the sketch is an easy one on which to put your own spin. Now I just have to find photos.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Great sketch. Hoping to use it for my Card/LOAD this month.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Pam, do I get bonus points for lemon meringue pie? Or enamel dots?
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Great interpretation of the sketch!
and yes bonus points for lemon meringue pie, that is my absolute fav!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ScrappinJen wrote:Pam, do I get bonus points for lemon meringue pie? Or enamel dots?
Yes - and for double posting. Mega Bonus Points.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great sketch, Jen! I've got a precious week of free time left so might just get to this in June. Thanks for posting the Issuu link, they don't scare me. I'm not giving you any bonus points though - you didn't share the pie LOL!

Your take on it is wonderful. That's the beauty of sketches; there's a wide spectrum between taking a jumping off, bare bones approach and replicating it exactly, and it all works. Oh wait - I will give you bonus points for the enamel dots ;). I really want to be using mine up and not end up down the road with another stash of cute, once-trendy embellishments.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I'm thinking I should get a bunch of bonus points for this! Enamel dots, silhouette cut, double post! Shazaaaam!
Attachments
IMG_0730.JPG
IMG_0730.JPG (112.08 KiB) Viewed 599 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Awesome LO Debbie. Fabulous paper and color...and of course dots! Shazaam indeed!
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debbie J wrote:I'm thinking I should get a bunch of bonus points for this! Enamel dots, silhouette cut, double post! Shazaaaam!
Bonus points awarded Debbie. :clap:

Keitha - I might need you to be my assistant bonus point awarder. These women are earning them right and left!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Kaboom!
Fabulous layout, Debbie, and I think you get the most bonus points so far. Although I did use die cuts. More points for me, Chief?
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Give yourself an 'atta girl' Debbie, great page!