June 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

nancine

Re: June 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

Post by nancine »

Those papers are perfect Laurie, always loved that kit. Super job with the layout!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Thanks for the clarification Nancy.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

ScrappinJen wrote:Sadly, they stopped publishing with that issue. There is a comment from the editor in the front of the issue. She was ceasing the mag in order to write a book.

So I continue to pore over the old issues. They are a treasure trove for the style I really like. Glad you took a look.
Oh I didn't notice that - I went straight to the good stuff. Too bad; I do a lot of doubles, also, so will continue to browse the older issues. There is a new free digital scrapbook magazine on the interwebs; it's called Jot Magazine. They have a blog that links to it, or you can find it in Issuu. Quite different from Scrapbook Generations, the layouts are very mixed-media and in keeping with today's trends (single page, etc.). They are Australian based; some nice eye candy.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

ScrappinJen wrote:Yes, where have you been hoarding that paper? I love it. There's a DCWV wood grain stack I'm hankering to buy but I'm on Paper Probation right now. However, if I happened upon it in a 6x6 pad, well, you just never know what might happen.

So happy to see you playing with the sketch. Love the photos, too. That quarry looks very interesting.
Paper Probation LOL - I need to be on that, too.

More great layouts in this thread; good job everyone! I need to find photos that will work with that sketch...
Monica

Post by Monica »

Finally got this sketch done! everything but the Thickers letters came from the swap kit Pam P. put together for me. Do I get bonus points for that? :lol:

No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Mega Bonus Points!
Great layout!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

WOWZER, Monica. You have been busy. And great job using your swap kit. Love these photos.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Nice LO Monica! I really like the plain base with the great patterned paper running horizontally through both pages. It really shows of the photos.
FARLEY in Sacramento