March 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

pamcook

Re: March 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

Post by pamcook »

I'm with you when it comes to animals! And I've used two this weekend. Go figure.
We have a new baby in the family (my brother's grandson). I plan to use the others on a page featuring a photo of him.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Here is another layout of our South Dakota trip last year with Jak. That bird had quite the racket going. He "collected" one dollar bills and put them in his little glass box. Then he would beg for more!!

I included a vellum envelope I have had since the Iron Ages and put some snake stickers in there. We were watching a snake show after the bird ripped us off.
Attachments
DSCN1777.JPG
DSCN1777.JPG (217.36 KiB) Viewed 367 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Cool layout and story. Where was this thieving bird?
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Love this. And those Macaws are one smart and talented species.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

That's a fun page!
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

The bird is in the top photo. You can see his stash of money he has collected in that glass box.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I always wanted a Macaw so I could train him to say "Here, kitty kitty" in a very deep voice.

Yes, my cats need a bit of comeuppance! :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Another great page, Pam. What do you call those boards with the holes cut out that you stick your face through? Anyway, I like how that photo almost looks like a postcard. And that vintage Shell station, *swoon*. Is that some famous route I need to drive one day?

Debbie - you can send those foxes to me :D
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Debbie, what a fun page with the thieving macaw! I think what Jen meant was where did you see the bird? I'm presuming Reptile Gardens in Black Hills, based on the ephemera you included.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:Another great page, Pam. What do you call those boards with the holes cut out that you stick your face through? Anyway, I like how that photo almost looks like a postcard. And that vintage Shell station, *swoon*. Is that some famous route I need to drive one day?

Debbie - you can send those foxes to me :D
Honestly, I never considered they might have a name! Great trivia question, though. The town of Issaquah is outside of Seattle off of I-90. They have a Salmon Festival the first weekend of October. Blocks of artists, craftspeople, food vendors, and games. On the edge of town is a salmon run (maybe a hatchery as well - too crowded to really see what all was involved). The town itself has very vintage feel about it but surrounding it - it looks like every other city in the US. Too many corporate-owned stores. :angry37: We'll go back again for sure - just not on a Salmon Festival day! Joel loved it - said he would like to live there but it's very crowded and over-priced (real estate). The real Joel will be much happier in the mountains somewhere.

We have a similar festival in August (yeah, August in NC - woo hoo) called Lazy Daze. About 50k people show up for it. I think I read that they've decided to expand it to two days. Honestly, you can barely walk - you're shoulder to shoulder with the crowds. It was that crowded at the Salmon Festival as well.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yes, that's what I meant. We did a lot in the Black Hills but not the Reptile place. Ewwwww
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Sorry Jen!! ;) I'm not into reptiles either but when you are travelling with 2 boys....................
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I know, Deb. I was with my Mom so we skipped the Dinosaur park, too.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Okay, Nancy, I still expect to see a layout from you here. But I'm jumping the gun a bit (no, it's not an early Aprils Fool joke) and I posted the April sketch. Hope you all join me over there. Thanks to all who played with this one. I know it may have been a tough one. Here's the link for April.

http://www.paperartistsonline.com/forum ... 14&t=11560
nancine

Post by nancine »

A day late and a dollar short... but here's my layout! the papers are Echo Park. Jen, Connie and I got some screamin' deals at the Echo Park booth at the Expo! I thought this was a fun kit.
Attachments
MarchPAOsketch.jpg
MarchPAOsketch.jpg (140.64 KiB) Viewed 291 times