Ali Edwards Story Kits

ScrappinJen

Ali Edwards Story Kits

Post by ScrappinJen »

I hope you don't mind but I'm starting a thread for Story Stamps. I'd like to post my layouts on PAO and they don't often fit into another category. I know Pam is drinking the Kool-Aid and perhaps others will, too, if we provide inspiration. If not, just look at our stuff. :lol:
ScrappinJen

Re: Ali Edwards Story Stamps

Post by ScrappinJen »

Still working on finishing the old Club Scrap kits. Proud to say I decimated Natural Resources with this layout. Now on to another October kit.

I was inspired by Ali's layout using tags. I'm just not at that place yet where I can make a no-photo layout. I've been itching to use my new Superellipse dies from Spellbinders and they "sorta" replicate the tag shape so...there you go. Die cut feathers and an arrow from Tim Holtz. Get Real Story Stamps stamps used to tell my story. Photos taken in the Badlands last year on my South Dakota trip with Mom.

I hope to get to a point where I'm REALLY telling stories with these inspirational stamps but I'll have to work my way there with baby steps. This is just a trip layout. The story here is that we went in and out of the Badlands National Park numerous times on our way to Wounded Knee. Now THAT'S a story!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (86.34 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Oh Wow! I love those colors. Great layout....
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Thanks, Laurie, I had my doubts about using those repeated shapes on a layout. But now I quite like it.

I should mention that the base papers are from Heidi Swapp. I'm having trouble these days putting together layouts with ALL CLub Scrap. Which is the exact opposite of the way I rolled five or ten years ago.
:wtf:
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Me too. Trying to break some rules that I had learned between Club Scrap and Creative Memories. I really want to branch out and be adventerous like Pam and Christie. Haven't got there yet.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

They ARE indeed adventurous.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You all are too funny.

Jen - the shapes remind me of the side mirrors on a car. Was that on purpose? Very cool.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Yeah, they really do look like the mirror shape, cool!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Not really because I was just itching to use those new dies.

But as my photography teacher used to tell me, you saw it in your brain.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Turned out really good Jen! I like using my Stampin' Up! with Club Scrap and sometimes other papers. I still like using Club Scrap just don't get all of the kits anymore. Get them once in a while. Don't always follow the ALSB either but that is just a starting point to work from.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yep. I still like ALSB sketches a lot and pulled out one to use last night. Still think their paper is the greatest and someday, when my paper stash has been somewhat diminished, I will probably get a kit now and then. I really like Homestead a lot. Just. Can't. Justify.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:You all are too funny.

Jen - the shapes remind me of the side mirrors on a car. Was that on purpose? Very cool.

That is exactly what I was thinking or rear view mirrors. I love this LO Jen. The colors are perfect for your story and of course I love the feathers. Great use of them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Great way to get lots of photos on a layout!! I may have to try a similar look with some garden photos - I can't help myself... must photograph the flowers when we walk through any gardens... even if we've been through them a zillion times...

I like that die shape, too.. we may need to start identifying the dies... so we can all be enablers... LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Superellipse by Spellbinders. Got it from Amazon.

Maybe I did see rear view mirrors when I coveted the dies. I do take a lot of photos from my vehicle. As were many of these.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I realize I started this thread and then allowed it to languish. Has anyone else joined in yet at Story Stamps? I am enjoying it immensely. I have participated each month but have neglected to post them here. Will try to round up my layouts and share with you.

This one has already been posted on PAO but I wanted to point out its inclusion here. The theme this month is Gatherings. Our little family gathers every couple months or so for a beer tasting. Needless to say, things sometimes get a little silly after eight or nine tastes. This one included beers from Sierra Nevada's Beer Camp 2014 selections. Ali's stamps are perfect for this layout.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (32.29 KiB) Viewed 1152 times