Was CS Great Outdoors ever available as a digi-kit?

carriemck

Was CS Great Outdoors ever available as a digi-kit?

Post by carriemck »

I posted a nice LO of my cousin's wedding to my Facebook, and Jen (the bride) really wants a copy. The only way I can think to do it is digitally, but when I looked on the site, the kit is not available in digital. Was it ever? This made me wonder, when you desperately want a paper kit that is extinct, you can usually find it (eventually) online somewhere, but what about digital? Can people sell unwanted or unused digi-kits?

I posted this to the CS board too, but thought maybe someone here could help me better perhaps. Thanks for any advice!
cnedaria

Re: Was CS Great Outdoors ever available as a digi-kit?

Post by cnedaria »

Yes, Great Outdoors was available as a digi-kit once-upon-a-time. Someone more into digital than I will have to tell you what the policies are now that they've "retired" some of these kits...
Holly

Post by Holly »

I think you can't resell them and you aren't supposed to share them either.
neith

Post by neith »

yup, no way to get them legally now unless you try calling in to club scrap and asking very nicely, but i have no idea if that would work! they did a big clearance sale on the digi kits recently and cleared out a number of kits.

for a copy of a single layout, what about having a copy/photo center make you a copy of it? or get your hands on the same paper supplies and remake it?

sorry :(
Holly

Post by Holly »

Not all the digi kits were in that sale, but they really did clear them all out. I don't know why.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

The reason they cleared them out was because of quality control. The new digi kits have much crisper images, better color balancing, and better graphics. I believe some of the older kits will be returning digitally eventually once they have been redone using the newer quality methods.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Carrie,

Did you post an ISO for the papers? It wasn't my favorite kit and I have a lot left. Just let us know what you need and I'll bet among us we can help you duplicate it. :D
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

If you have a scanner and paper from the kit, another option is to scan the elements and create your own digikit.