My Weekend to Play

Sharonv

Re: My Weekend to Play

Post by Sharonv »

Ahhh the old slit above and below eh!! Thanks so much Pam, that had me intrigued :)
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Those are awesome. I just finished part of the cover to my weight loss journal. This weekend has been too busy to get much crafting done. At least my house is still clean! :clap:
yocasta

Post by yocasta »

Great tags ladies, tfs
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Nice tags, ladies

thanks for the blah blah, Pam
I think it came out terrific and
the ribbon idea ... Super
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

All these tages are SUPER, ladies!!Thanks for the inspiration. i just got another mask yesterday when we were in Peoria. Still haven't found the two I want most, though. I will play with what I have.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

OK - I have to ask this because it just seems a bit coincidental. Remember when I posted this tag and talked about sealing the chipboard with metallic paint? I also emailed this tag to Tim and told him how I did it. Now several weeks later he uses the exact same technique to seal his grungeboard (except he used crackle). Do you think that maybe I gave Tim Holtz an idea????? He should send me a prize, too! LOL.

And yes, he read the email and commented back to me about the tag.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

pbp908 wrote:Do you think that maybe I gave Tim Holtz an idea????? He should send me a prize, too! LOL.
Pam
That's you Pam--inspiration to all including the greatest...
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I just wish I'd inspire myself.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:I just wish I'd inspire myself.

Pam

But usually "myself" (myself being the creator of the piece) is the hardest one to please and inspire

you do great work
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote:I just wish I'd inspire myself.

Pam

You appear to be greatly inspired Pam. Your tag is awesome and I love the little gear stamp with it. I think (memory fuzzy on what I actually ordered) I have that stamp coming from the last Turkey day sale. The gears/clockworks mask is so cool, isn't it? Love your colors also. Of course you inspired Tim. Tim is brilliant but I do think his ideas come from many sources and not just from that marvelously creative brain of his alone.
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Holly I love your tags and how you used the Stickles. I mentioned on another topic that I am now hooked on Distress Stickles. :mrgreen:
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

This is great. I seem to get lost after the background. I don't take the time I need to do it right...
pbp908 wrote:First you create your background - I blotted several ink pads on waxed paper, spritzed with water and then dredged the tag through. After it dried, I put the mask in position and gently (don't want to tear the mask) applied the darker ink. Removed the mask and there was the image. The ribbon was genius - I slit the tag under and above the masked image right on the edge of the image and then threaded the ribbon from the back of the tag, through the bottom slit, back up through the top slit and then over the top. That way I had color without hiding the image.

The video/tutorial is on Tim Holtz' blog. I just pretty much followed his directions and it came out great. I'm just not as good at the initial inking as he is, but then nobody is.

Pam
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Maree

Post by Maree »

Love your tags girls :clap:
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

Great tags Ladies :clap: