Oh so happy!

jfugina

Oh so happy!

Post by jfugina »

Last week, something stupid happened to my keyboard at home. It just decided to quit working. So I tried a different keyboard that was laying around.. no good. I tried no fewer thand 4 keyboards before giving up. Finally, Rob brought down this tiny little USB keyboard with a built-in touchpad mouse. GAH! It was awful. Apparently, I rest my thumbs on the keyboard, because I was constantly repositioning my cursor mid-typing. :angry42:

So today, among the thousands of other errands we had (Jake turns 2 tomorrow, and we hadn't done a thing to get ready for his party), we went to Best Buy. HOLY CRAP! I had ZERO idea how stupid expensive a keyboard and mouse were - and I saw mice separately, but not keyboards - they were all packaged with mice. A new mouse was fine - mine was old and didn't have that middle finger wheel thingy, and I was always trying to use something that wasn't there.

So... I just got everything out of the box, plugged in the wireless USB stick, and put batteries in the keyboard and mouse, and BAM - everything worked right out of the box. I'm so happy. And now to have a normal keyboard again, where my thumbs don't make the cursor jump to another paragraph mid-sentence, is such a beautiful thing. I'm almost over how stupid expensive this hardware was. :whack:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Luanne

Re: Oh so happy!

Post by Luanne »

Hurray for you! I use a laptop and constantly hit the touchpad with my thumb doing the same thing! arrrrrr.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I KNOW! I just couldn't deal. I have a normal keyboard and mouse setup at work, and the mouse has a wheel, and just having that touchpad and no mouse was more than I could deal with.

I'm finding that I may need to install the software that it came with though - to slow the mouse down. It zips across the screen too fast for me to track where it went. LOL.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

[quote="jfugina" Apparently, I rest my thumbs on the keyboard, because I was constantly repositioning my cursor mid-typing. :angry42:

And now to have a normal keyboard again, where my thumbs don't make the cursor jump to another paragraph mid-sentence, is such a beautiful thing. I'm almost over how stupid expensive this hardware was. :whack:[/quote]

Hi Julie
I thought it was just my laptop that does the jumping while typing. It annoys me so much!! Sometimes I can't even find where it jumped to..
Monica

Post by Monica »

I adore the wireless keyboard and mouse on our home pc! We have a video projector taht runs through the computer (DVD drive) and I can take the keyboard and mouse over to the couch (computer sits in a corner of the living room) and still use it... all with no cords to trip over! This is a big plus cause I'm a huge klutz... if there's a cord anywhere, I'll find it and trip over it! My only regret is that it's not a wireless ergonomic keyboard, since my tendonitis will flare up if I type on it too much when I'm at home (see, this chatting is painful for me! :mrgreen:). I have an ergo one at work, so no problems there as long as I sit right.

Wireless is bliss....

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

I can't believe how expensive mice and keyboards are either, it's crazy! I had a wireless mouse, and I was constantly having to change the battery, so I gave up. The cords don't bother me though, since my mouse and keyboard are both on the keyboard drawer.
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

I have to keep the mousepad thingy on my laptop locked. lol Its scary how expensive things are getting!