Need Opinions on an Idea

ErinLovesRats

Need Opinions on an Idea

Post by ErinLovesRats »

At the apartment, we have a long, large window. I've been wanting to use my cricut vinyl to decorate for Christmas. I want to try this idea when I get back into town tomorrow. I already have the scrap store's last roll of white vinyl on hold to pick up tomorrow.

Here's my plan- On one of the cricut cartridges that came with my Expression machine, there's a long sky line of a city (meant to be used as a border I guess). I was thinking I could cut that in black vinyl and put it across the bottom of the window. Then, on the new Christmas cartridge, there's a santa flying (I'm posting a pic of a card I made using that idea so you get an idea). I was hoping I could cut that out large and put it higher on the window. Then, I could cut out snowflakes and put them all over the window. We already have white Christmas lights that I was going to put around the window. I have the design studio software I could use to get all the pieces larger if the machine won't do it.

So, do you think this will work? I don't want to try and fail with wasted vinyl.

Here's the card with the santa for reference:
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: Need Opinions on an Idea

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

sounds like a cool idea to me, Erin.
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

If you do decide to try it, I'd love to see it!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Erin, if you have a scrap piece of vinyl to experiment with, that would be a good idea. I don't know if it would work, so I would want to try it first .
Holly

Post by Holly »

It sounds like a good idea, aI guess you'll have to try it and let us know how easy or hard it was.
ErinLovesRats

Post by ErinLovesRats »

My main concern is that I'll tear the cutout of the santa. I did cut it very small for that card and it worked so I'm hoping cutting it large would work too. I only have one hand that I can use so I'm wondering how to get that cutout up in one piece and how to hold it.
neith

Post by neith »

vinyl can be tricky, what about having a friend help you? i know that if i did it i'd be recruiting my kids or husband to help and that's with two good hands... but yeah. long vinyl cut outs can take as many helpers as you can throw at them!