I don't know who to thank

Luanne

Re: I don't know who to thank

Post by Luanne »

First it takes motivation!
Then it takes more time than you expected it too, but it's all worth it!

We realized the program we were using was free on the internet. so 'Admin' looked into it to see if we could make it work for us, or if it was too complicated. She set up the basics, and had to get back to her real job. So she sent the information to me, and I started playing around, tweeking it.

She paid a computer company (the host company) to keep all our stuff on one of their 'server' computers. Think of the server as the big memory that holds everything. If something goes wrong, they have to fix it, and they have many many people who work all the time. Which we could never devote ourselves to 100%, plus, that's not what we do.

So we are responsible for what the site looks like (Catagories, posts, members) and the Server company keeps it all safe for us, so it doesn't disappear. As for cost, 'Admin' covered it for the first year, I believe. It was the best sign on deal to go for a year, so that's what she did. So, this year is a gift. There was talk of adding a place to donate when the dues were coming up, but that's not to worry about for awhile.

Hope that answers your questions!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I paid for the web hosting for the marching band's website for four years - wasn't much but now they have to do it - we graduated. LOL. It's not that expensive, and a lot of us have offered to help cover the cost when it's time to renew this one. I saw a brief blurb the other day on the welcome page but now it's gone? I think if you post that when the time is close to renew, you'll be able to host this site for the next 100 years!

BTW - the new welcome page is great.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I second that. The home page rocks!
:clap:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

nice work on the home page. i have my computer set to go right to the forum so I had missed it.
Great way to introduce ourselves
Paula

Post by Paula »

Only one more question----when do we find out who *admin* is. I think there are afew of us who would like to thank her for her time and energy. and i am just curious

Paula
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Paula wrote:Only one more question----when do we find out who *admin* is. I think there are a few of us who would like to thank her for her time and energy. and i am just curious

Paula

Hahahaha... I can't tell. She actually wants to come clean, and let you know, but for now... I have to keep the secret. Isn't it more fun not knowing???
Monica

Post by Monica »

Luanne you evil woman... you are enjoying the secret and you know it! ;)

I'm curious, but I'm having so much fun that I'm not really thinking about it. I figure we'll find out when the time is right... and we can just thank her anonymously until then!

BTW.... can we get spell-check here? My typing is horrid!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

This is one secrete I am so enjoying, who is our wonderful administrator?

Can we play a guessing game? As to who is it?

I will donate a price to whom ever gets it right.. I have tons of extra CS stuff from my FFC days..

Can we Luanne?

Can we play a game? I am horrible at guessing games, but the coming clean comment has me so intrigued

Does any one else want to play? Guess who our administrator benefactor is?
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I have a guess................
Paula

Post by Paula »

ALI ALI OUTS IN FREE :happy114:

Paula
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

A guessing game would be fun! ... and I agree with the idea that we can pitch in to pay the web fee. Luanne and Admin have done a lot of work to make this great!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Paula wrote:ALI ALI OUTS IN FREE :happy114:

Paula
Is this what you are really supposed to say?

always thought it was
ali ali oxen free (don't laugh, never could figure out why the oxen were free and I have said this my WHOLE life)
Paula

Post by Paula »

I'm not sure which one is correct, but I do know that I had a troubled childhood :censor:

Paula
:hijack:
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I think it's Ollie, Ollie, Oxen free. Which came from Ollie, get out of bed and help me, the cows excaped!

A guessing game? You ladies are way too smart, and could figure it out if you really really tried! There are a lot of clues here already, she almost answered a post with her real name! lol.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I have 3 names in mind. I can't wait to find out!