Need Ideas

pbp908

Need Ideas

Post by pbp908 »

What do you do with all of the things you have from swaps? I have 4 x 4 seasonal things from CS days (all 4 seasons), as well as a quilt square swap we did here. Then there are tags from swaps, cards, etc. I love looking at them and refuse to toss any of them away, but what to do with them??? Do you make a SB page showcasing them? I have no room to put them into small books. Speaking of which, I even have a 6 x 6 recipe swap book that we did at some point. Right now everything is in a tote and I'd love to do something else with them. Suggestions?
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Re: Need Ideas

Post by Keitha »

Funny, I was thinking about asking a similar question the other day as I moved my Christmas cards and swap ATCs from last year. Right now I have them in a little decorative suitcase, but I have a small ring binder that I'm going to fuse custom pocket pages for to hold them. My swap pieces are all paper; I'm just not sure what to do with the bigger ones that won't fit in this album.
Monica

Post by Monica »

My LFB pages are hanging from clips on a chain that goes from one paper holder to another on either side of my desk. Cards... to be honest, I'm not sure where a lot of them are aside from the last 3 months' worth, which I actually scrapbooked a couple weeks back. I decided to do an album's worth of them, because I love looking at them. I have a drawer with other bulky art, some pieces at work that need to be swapped out for fresh now that I'm thinking of it, and a few other pieces hanging on the walls or tacked to the side of a storage unit.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pocket protectors in an album?
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I have some of the 4x4 swaps mounted in 12x12 frames and hung in my scrapbook room. And I intended to do the same with ATCs, tags, and other things, but never got around to it. I also tend to use my wall space for vertical storage rather than decoration. But it's a thought.

I like the idea of the pocket pages. I may have to consider that for some of the ATCs and tags that I insist on holding on to.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I have some in a frame hanging on wall
I put a curtain rod across window and have some hanging from it
at end of ikea shelves, I have some hanging
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I've got 4x4 things and 6x6 things in small albums.... I've got more that need to be put away... and I have lots of tags, too...

and then there are the cards!! I can't part with them.... so I'm thinking they'll need to go in a 12x12 scrapbook... maybe 4 or 6 to a page? the Christmas ones can then be part of what I put out at holiday time
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I like the idea of a rotating display on the wall, maybe a piece of framed chicken wire with the art attached with little clothespins. I used to have a bulletin board in my loft that I'd altered and hung stuff like this on... wonder what ever happened to it?
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

For the ATC's I have a 3 ring binder
with baseball card collector inserts.
each page has 9 pockets, depending upon
the type of ATC each page could hold 18
ATC's back to back.
I have some cards displayed on old
louver doors that I removed from the
doorway they were on, the louvers are
perfect for holding cards, I also have
some clipped to fiber that i have attached
to a sprinkler pipe in my craft area, they
dress up the pipe and it no longer looks like
an eyesore. I got one of those metal birdcage
wall hangings that came with some clips butI
added a lot more and that holds the dolls from
a swap or two. Unfortunately my houses from the
swap we did are still stored in a pizza box, I
haven't decided how I want to display them.
I've thought of attaching them to a piece
of wood to make a wall hanging, or even attach to the wall
itself. As a matter of fact, I was thinking :)
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Oh gosh, Elizabeth! I forgot about the houses! I still have them, too. :-o

I have framed some of the swap items - summer is framed, as are 2 of the puzzle swaps. They've been on the walls since the last time I cleaned this mess up. I'm thinking, since I have all 4 seasons of the 4 x 4's, of framing and hanging them together. The quilt pieces will be a page, and still not sure about the rest. ATCs are in baseball albums, which was an idea that I got from Christy (I think). Lots of fun looking back through it all, and I hate to relegate all of this to zip lock bags again.

Don't be surprised if cards or elements from them end up as embellishments.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

A lot more ideas have been posted since I last read this topic. I can't keep stuff on display indefinitely because of fading from the sun.

I was just tidying up the dungeon or the Cupboard Under the Stairs, if you prefer. I had put the wooden holder Pat sent me with our atc swap cards from last year in there while the Christmas stuff was up so I was getting it out along with some other things. An idea came to mind-probably not for a large swap like that-but for small more individual items like stuff from the lottery swap to use them on art journal pages.

Sometime soon I am going to unmount the rest of my wooden stamps so I can use them in the stamp platform. That will completely free up my little ledges on the wall where the stamps lived. It will be a great display area as long as I rotate the displays in the Winter when we get so much sun. It's not so bad in the Summer when the leaves are on the trees. But I have a few items that really faded so I think they will go into an art journal now.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com