Be honest

pamcook

Be honest

Post by pamcook »

Is anyone still interest in the PL challenge?
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: Be honest

Post by pbp908 »

I still don't use them that much but I'm trying to be better about it. I tend to cut sections from them or use them for layering. I think that in all fairness, and this is just MHO, the challenges might be too specific. I don't make gift bags, although some do, and I'm not really a card maker, so they're not going to be used there. Maybe we need a "make an embellishment" or "make a cluster" challenge?

To tell you the honest truth, I'm very disappointed that our scrappers and journalists aren't posting more. It seems that what the majority of PAOers are doing is cards. Not being a card maker, I can appreciate the time and skill that goes into them, but they aren't necessarily something that I do.

Maybe we need a fresh infusion of talent? A lot of people have become inactive on the board. There's a lot of interest on the FB page, so are they asking to join and not being approved? Has anyone been approving new members or has that gone by the wayside? I think we just need to regroup and I'm at a loss as to how to do it.

Suggestions, anyone? Bueller? Bueller??
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I have a ton of the PL cards.... got silly at Tuesday Morning and had good intentions about using them...

I got off-track on the scrapping projects.. caught up on Chevie's photos and need to get back to my other projects I had set aside for re-create week and didn't even get started on...

so... the first is to finish my train trip up to Baltimore for a conference... fun bunch of photos and I'm going to work on them this weekend... so I may stick some PL cards in there, too

I haven't kept up with any of the challenges, though...
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I have to say I am not too interested in the PL challenge.

I've noticed a lot of "absent" PAO members lately, but I've not much room to talk.

I have not done any scrapbooking layouts in quite a while...sadly. Life has gotten in the way I guess. I have been quilting more, so that could be the reason.

I hope to get back into posting layouts, as I do enjoy the process.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

First I think the PL challenge was a great idea. Making us use our stash is always a bonus. But as we have all noticed there hasn't been much involvement with the challenges. I am ashamed at the amount of PL cards I have and as attractive as the pile is, this style of scrapping stymies me even more than regular LOs do.

I mentioned elsewhere that I really want to get some scrapping done...Oh yeah, it's PamC's challenge. I've signed up so I am committed to doing it. I can fully understand PamP's comment about scrapping vs card making. But that is one of the great things about PAO...we are not subject to a particular brand, style or project. We are after all Paper Artists which covers a host of possibilities.

So, I can honestly say I am not into the PL challenges but I am into making myself do some scrapping, working on more fun techniques and maybe do some art journaling again too. Who knows, they may even involve a PL card or two.

Thanks PamC!
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Okay.
Good to know. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Like Pam, I wish we had more scrapbookers posting. When life gets busy, even one or two members fewer makes a huge difference.

We did lose a few members because of a delay in approving their memberships. But would they have stayed around? Hard to say obviously.

I love seeing all the greeting cards - and I truly appreciate the skills needed to create them! Sometimes I even create a few I'm not ashamed of because of what I've learned here.

Keep posting everyone! Our group may be small but we're mighty (mighty wonderful!).
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I only have PL cards from embellie packs or grab bags. I've never bought any so I don't need the challenges. I treat the ones I have as scraps or as journaling cards so put them in the scrap bags by color or in my journaling drawer. Problem solved! Mostly I use them in my travel journals.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I am ashamed to admit that I have a Project Life page in progress which is been on my desk for weeks. I took it to my scrapping day on Saturday in Dixon but didn't get around to that one. I do like the challenge, the idea of a pocket challenge, especially since my current stuff is made in pockets. But there are just so many things to choose from it's hard to decide what to focus on. I should set a better example.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

By the way, I was not even aware of any Facebook activity. Should I be posting over there? That's where I post for all my other groups.
Monica

Post by Monica »

As one of the non-posting but lurking members, I confess that I've actually scrapped a few pages over the last month and need to take pictures and share. I decided that I had enough of being in a crafty funk, so I goth te WDW trip photos printed and plan to get them all scrapped by the end of August.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Okay, maybe by the end of the year.... :tomato:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I forget there's a FB page!
:oops:
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Since I'm an admin for it I can't forget it - I get lots of notices when someone "likes" it or posts a comment. It might help draw some new members if we remember to post there sometimes. ;) Maybe have a challenge or two posted there?

And it's not that I don't appreciate the artistry that goes into cards - I have kept every single card that I've received and I pull them out often and look at them. I wish my brain worked that way because you guys do some beautiful work and I cherish all of them. It's just that the scrappers, journalists, ATC makers, tag makers, mixed media artists - where are you??? Are they the inactive members? That's where my inclinations are and I used to get a lot of inspiration from everyone's posts. I miss those facets of our group.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

As you all are aware I have done nothing in about 6 months. I am getting back into my crafting now but will probably be doing mainly cards for some time. I have a ton of photos and continue to take them but just can't get back into scrapbooking. I guess if we took a trip again I will do it but I have more completed scrapbooks that I have no more space to save any. I hope you all understand.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

troublesmom wrote:As you all are aware I have done nothing in about 6 months. I am getting back into my crafting now but will probably be doing mainly cards for some time. I have a ton of photos and continue to take them but just can't get back into scrapbooking. I guess if we took a trip again I will do it but I have more completed scrapbooks that I have no more space to save any. I hope you all understand.
If we don't understand, who would?? I plan to take fewer/better quality photo and scrapbook the ones that best tell the story I want to record. I'll tuck the extras behind the page.

We all have our favorite projects. Having a wide representation of papercrafters has been what I love about this group.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
pamcook wrote:
troublesmom wrote:As you all are aware I have done nothing in about 6 months. I am getting back into my crafting now but will probably be doing mainly cards for some time. I have a ton of photos and continue to take them but just can't get back into scrapbooking. I guess if we took a trip again I will do it but I have more completed scrapbooks that I have no more space to save any. I hope you all understand.
If we don't understand, who would?? I plan to take fewer/better quality photo and scrapbook the ones that best tell the story I want to record. I'll tuck the extras behind the page.

We all have our favorite projects. Having a wide representation of papercrafters has been what I love about this group.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO