Be honest

Keitha

Re: Be honest

Post by Keitha »

Monica wrote:As one of the non-posting but lurking members, I confess that I've actually scrapped a few pages over the last month and need to take pictures and share. I decided that I had enough of being in a crafty funk, so I goth te WDW trip photos printed and plan to get them all scrapped by the end of August.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Okay, maybe by the end of the year.... :tomato:
Can't wait to see your DWD pages Monica - one of my favourite subjects for scrapbook pages!
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

When it comes to challenges in general, I found a long time ago that I was spending a lot of time on challenges that didn’t further my papercrafting goals, so now my approach is that if the challenge will help me accomplish something I want to do I’m in, otherwise I pass. If I can, I’ll take the challenge posted and apply it to something I’m doing anyway, i.e. using a specific technique on a scrapbook page instead. I’m generally not a card-maker and do not make my own Christmas cards to send, so while I enjoy looking at others’ creations it’s not something I’m doing. And I acknowledge that when I’m on a show, working 60 hours/week precludes me from spending time on any personal activities, even reading/commenting on the forum. I do try to make up for that when I’m not working.

I have to agree with Pam P; what excited me about this group when I first joined was the range of papercrafting that people were doing: not only cards and scrapbook pages, but mixed media, art journaling and altered items. It’s been obvious to me recently as well that very few people are posting right now – whether their own work or even commenting on others; I know I’ve posted a few things lately and kind of wondered why I bother, given the apparent lack of interest. Especially when it appears that more people are viewing the posts but not commenting; is that a result of people looking on mobile devices and it not being easy to comment that way?

I don’t even think I knew we had a FB group – and having just had a look there it’s not a case of that stealing attention from the forum as it doesn’t appear to be active, either. I know social media is the way of the future but still prefer this forum; I wouldn’t bother with two formats for one group. Is the FB group public?

I don’t have any pearls of wisdom for invigorating this forum, other than to say that I think all we can do is keep posting our work and hope it motivates others to do the same. One thing that does occur to me – although I’m sure anyone reading this thread probably already knows this – is to say that even if what you’re working on doesn’t fit a specific challenge or seem to be what everyone else is doing here, please post it anyway – you never know what will inspire someone else to post or comment. I, for one, am even interested in seeing what the quilters/fibre artists are up to; not only do I also dabble in fibre arts, but sometimes those projects can spark an idea for papercrafting, also.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Pam C emailed me about this a few days ago, since I've not been around here much. To answer the question about people getting approved, I have approved every single request who sent an email to admin indicating that they're a real person. For the record, that's happened maybe twice in the past year. Maybe the instructions need to be more clear. The other option is, that I can turn on automatic approval again. We'll get a massive influx of new registrations - like, daily. And the fact is that several will be spam and the first post will be someone trying to sell something. So if the moderators want to take on banning the obvious spammers, I can make registration quite a bit less painful. But I do want you to know that on the very rare occasion that someone sends an activation email, I approve it the instant that I see it. Worst case is they send it on a Friday night and I don't see it until Monday morning, if I'm boycotting my computer for the weekend.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO