Making progress

pamcook

Making progress

Post by pamcook »

Moving back into my craft closets. This is the point where all I want to do is shove everything into any available space and deal with it "later". Not gonna do it this time.
Tomorrow I'm going shopping to find something to store my scrap rack sections in. I want to be able to slide it under the bed when we have company. It sits nicely on the dresser 350 days of the year.
Just ordered containers to hold my paper stash on the closet shelf. My big paper tower is just too big for my house :( It's going on Craigslist.
Brainstorming for a better solution for my huge stash of thickers. So far resisting the urge to throw them in the recycle bin. As much as I use them, they have to be breeding in the dark. I wish the chest in that room had drawers deep enough. They're just too shallow.
Can you tell I'm procrastinating? Need to set my timer for 15 more minutes. I'm goin' in!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: Making progress

Post by pbp908 »

Wish I could only mow for 15 minutes at a time. :( Wanna trade jobs?
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

It's too bad, Pam, that you and Keitha live so far apart. I'd love to see you both with your Thickers collections trying to fit them in. :lol:

What is your paper tower? Is it like the ones in stores or that thing that used to expand when you went to a crop?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's a wooden cabinet of sorts from one of the factories. I'll have to post a picture. Wish I had a place to store it til we retire. The only downfall is the paper lies horizontally and I much prefer vertical.
It's about 5' tall and the base is 14" square.
IMG_2476.JPG
IMG_2476.JPG (73.37 KiB) Viewed 690 times
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

OMG - love that! You can store it at my house. :lol:

A thought - turn it sideways, add some legs and a larger top, and you have a wonderful work table. Or rework the ends and hang it on the wall.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

There's got to be something I can do with it!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Oh, you can't get rid of that! So much storage in such a little footprint. I'm sure any of us would love to "store" it for you, Pam!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful piece Pam!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Pam P. beat me to it; I was also going to suggest turning your paper rack sideways so your paper is vertical.
Thickers storage: I have a substantial collection, and they have a good home in an open-topped box which fits in one of my Expedit cubbies. The 12" width allows for two rows of packages side by side and they're organized in rainbow order, as I typically know what colour I want my title. I use mine on practically every layout so keep them within arm's reach of my chair; it's easy to slide the box out and flip through to find the sets I want - and just as easy to put them away again.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have two medium Market baskets jammed full (remember I RAKed quite a few?). Still too many.
IMG_2515.JPG
IMG_2515.JPG (124.62 KiB) Viewed 579 times
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I can't believe I'm almost done. I'm making space in one closet for the two white boxes on the dresser and then there'll be room to see when I have the inclination. My scraprack pages have a new home in a box under the bed (not on the bench!). Watching for another Joann's coupon to buy another rack for my grey, black, & purple papers. It sure feels good to have the papers vertical again.
IMG_2573.JPG
IMG_2573.JPG (104.26 KiB) Viewed 546 times
IMG_2572.JPG
IMG_2572.JPG (105.42 KiB) Viewed 546 times
IMG_2571.JPG
IMG_2571.JPG (97.77 KiB) Viewed 546 times
Pam Cook #48
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Good job! Is that all the paper you have? Just what is on that shelf? If so, I am so ashamed.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I don't know where she's hiding it all, but I think she has more paper!! :-)

And I can take some photos of my paper stash and help you not feel so bad!! LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I wish I only had that amount. There's a cube in the Ikea shelf in one closet that's 95% full. There's a huge basket of kits (15 maybe? 20?) sitting on the Ikea Alex. I used to joke that no one ever said they had too much paper. I honestly feel overwhelmed now. I put all my opened embellishment packs into Avery Elle envelopes. They're on a shelf in my desk right where I can flip through them easily.
My scraprack now only has random embellishments (color or theme-sorted). I can pull from that when I need to but it's going to be stashed under the bed. I really want to use my sewing machine more so that's why it's been given primo real estate.
When I made a page last night, I felt like this current "system" is the best I've ever tried. Probably because my most-often used items are right there at my desk. Sadly, there's no electrical outlet or light in the closets. Joel said he's going to install an outlet in the one with my desk. Using an extension cord works but it's not ideal.
Putting away tools and leftovers after I use them remains a struggle.
There's a Bread basket full of scraps on my desk. Once it's full, I have to purge it. That's all I'm allowing myself to keep. As I run across scraps (they're everywhere!!), I tuck them in (started out in color order - not anymore!). Purging it is a mindless task though. Sometimes I just close my eyes and dump the whole thing in the recycle bin. :shock:
Still too many stamps ("cute" alone should not justify sitting on a shelf or in a drawer when I have so little space). Still too many mists considering I use 4- 5 colors at most. Still too many masks & stencils when I'm rarely (if ever) happy with results when I use them.
I realize keeping it all under control is an on-going process. Just wish I had more time to use more of my stash.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wow Pam, it's really coming together! Paper scraps is the bane of my crafting existence. I have a magazine style box that I constantly shove scraps into. So many seem just too precious to toss. But the bad thing is I forget to go through it most of the time I am making cards.

Confession...today I went to a Tuesday Morning for the first time since the December closing of the one in my neighborhood. Sigh...I bought a 12x12 and an 8x8 G45 pads plus a Shimelle 6x6 pad...didn't know there was such a thing....all together $12. You know full price would have all been around $45.
FARLEY in Sacramento