Boo/Yay...Daylight Savings!

nancine

Re: Boo/Yay...Daylight Savings!

Post by nancine »

I for one could do without Daylight Savings time.

I was gone all weekend (drove home this morning after breakfast) up to Clear Lake - met up with 4 other couples for a weekend mostly wine tasting! The weather up there was beautiful, we had nice picnic lunches and saw some beautiful country. I'd never been up to Clear Lake before - the areas we were in you could see some of the results of the big fires in Lake county last year. But where we stayed it all seemed back to normal. We picked a good weekend (besides DST) as they had snow last weekend!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Nancy, we loved living in Middletown but it wasn't great for teens so we decided to move back east (several other reasons as well). We all left our hearts there. I imagine it's changed quite a bit.
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

pamcook wrote:Nancy, we loved living in Middletown but it wasn't great for teens so we decided to move back east (several other reasons as well). We all left our hearts there. I imagine it's changed quite a bit.
I can imagine, it's fairly remote there. That is one winding road leading back to Napa valley!!

There are probably a gazillion more wineries since you were there! The town of Clear Lake seemed "depressed" to us. The property we stayed at was beautiful, but lots of run down places and homes around. Many empty storefronts. I'm sure all the fires didn't help, at one winery the manager told us they had been evacuated 4 times, so they were pros! I'm sure it's got more happening during summer.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Very remote and Joel drive that road to work and back every day (worked for the city of Napa). Clearlake was depressed economically when we were there. No jobs. Lots of drugs of course.
Pam Cook #48