Saturday project

pamcook

Saturday project

Post by pamcook »

I had this plan to put all my albums in one place. Every time we have a hurricane watch, I feel a bit panicked about them being scattered here and there. The plan was to put them all on a shelf at the end of the hall. Yeah - no. The shelf is only 8" deep and boy did that look bad. Bit the bullet and emptied the hall closet because no, I don't have an empty closet! Got 42 of them in that closet- only 11 more to go. They ended up in the family room. Ahhh. Project complete - um. No. I just remembered a 10" stack of strap hinge pages (no albums for them) in a basket. Rats. And - crap! There's a 5" stack of pages that need to go in albums. Dang it. Well, at least I can more easily find the albums for that stack.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: Saturday project

Post by pbp908 »

How in the heck would you evacuate with them??? You'd fill up a truck with just the albums.

So wonders the woman who just ordered 4 more and since last weekend has filled up several of them with LOs that needed a home. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote:How in the heck would you evacuate with them??? You'd fill up a truck with just the albums.

My first thought exactly, PamP!

But WTG PamC nevertheless.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I don't even want to think about this topic.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

My albums have a home, but a project that's been on my 'to do' list for a few years now is to reorganize the contents somewhat. While I like my current thematic system, I now have too many albums for several themes and need to further sub-categorize them so when I'm looking for a layout I can go to the exact album it's in. Chronological doesn't work for me as I'd never remember what year something happened. Because I envision needing to pull quite a few layouts out of albums when I do this, I'm also curious to see how many pages I've done for each of my grandsons; when I die I'd hate for one of them to have 5 albums' worth and another to have 5 pages. And then there's the little matter of labeling the albums; I've named them all, but there are too many (although not 42) for me to know which is which just by the cover. Ironically, the trip albums I have labeled are the ones I recognize just by looking at them.
So Pam, I applaud the progress you made today. When I get around to doing mine it won't be a day project - it'll probably take me a month. Yes Marianne - no doubt I'm overthinking it!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Evacuate with them?!? Thanks for giving me that thought to worry about. I was just thinking about getting them into plastic bags or bins.
I'd love it if the kids would take some of them. They're never home to enjoy them.

Spent another couple of hours organizing these loose pages. Should never have let this get so out of control.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Pam, my loose pages are COMPLETELY out of control. Every day, on my To do list, is sleeve and organize layouts. I can't seem to force myself to get on that task. Mine aren't even in protectors. For shame.

Last count I had at least 65 albums. They used to all reside in the hall closet. Now they have migrated to the master bedroom closet and under the sofa table. Yikes. It's out of control. I only make them for myself having no children to deal with it. Roy's kids will toss them in the dumpster. I have kept Mallory's separate and plan to give them to her when she is settled into a house for life. If ever. Or when she has children. If ever.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

No hurricane worries here in the midwest, and our subdivision being on a bluff means we don't have to worry about flooding. But my concern has always been losing my albums in a tornado. There is a place in our basement that's nearly tornado proof, but then nobody could ever look at them. Losing all of my albums in a weather event is my worst fear. Everything else in my house is replaceable.

Congrats on getting your albums to a safer place Pam!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I wound up putting many of our albums into plastic totes and was fully prepared to load them into a panel van along with Chevie and me and then evacuate back when Matthew blew through. It's always a thought here... but I think I'm just going to wind up scanning in the 8.5x11 pages.... and photographing the 12x12 pages... and just make sure I take my external hard drive with me if I go some other time. If I've got the layouts scanned, then I think I'll be ok. It's those heritage photos that I'd hate to lose... like my baby photos, etc. So... I really need to scan and save those pages.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Good idea Debi. I feel like most of my photos could be reprinted - but those older prints...
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

When I first started scrapping
I use to scan every layout I did
Then I could get the printed if my albums got lost
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois