The Great Gut/Purge/Organize of 2017

paddlegal

The Great Gut/Purge/Organize of 2017

Post by paddlegal »

While I keep an eye on our very wet weather (flood warnings all around us, however we are typically fine under these conditions) this is the perfect weekend to GUT the craft room and ruthlessly PURGE it of rarely if ever used items. Then to ORGANIZE it. Actually I don't think a weekend is enough to do a fair job but here I go! I figure if I post this here and expose myself for the messy crafter that I am, it gives me a certain accountability with you all to get this job done. I started about an hour ago and so far have reorganized and purged all my 6X6 paper pads. Now I'm working on the mass of 12X12s. Yikes!

Stay tuned for progress reports. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1075.JPG (120.55 KiB) Viewed 643 times
IMG_1076.JPG
IMG_1076.JPG (123.21 KiB) Viewed 643 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Re: The Great Gut/Purge/Organize of 2017

Post by pbp908 »

I did that and then regretted some of it. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote:I did that and then regretted some of it. :lol:

:lol:

I am actually having fun going through my 12 X 12s. Rediscovering some old and not so old papers is a bit embarrassing however. I should be writing down the projects in my head as I look at these gorgeous papers. :oops:
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'll definitely have to purge some more.... shared some paper at last year's recreate.... there will probably be more this year, too! I'm going to watch what Farley purges, though...

should be fun! :clap:
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You go Girl!
I'm cleaning out one of our spare bedrooms. Joel wants to install hardwoods in it next. Both our extra bedrooms collect stuff. Each thing I pick up has to have a specific place or it goes out the door. This is just ridiculous. I've spent at least 20 minutes in there every evening this week and a couple of hours today. Some of the items are from the bookshelves we moved so I got distracted with reloading them. Giving myself a break before heading back in. My reward will be some scrapbook time.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Currently sitting on the living room floor watching football with Bob with all my CS paper, colorizing it again for the umpteenth time. That old CS paper is of such amazing quality. I wonder if they ever regained it? Haven't bought any CS products in 6 years.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Good for you Farley! The idea that I could do a complete gut/purge/reorganize in a weekend - or even a week - is laughable, I just don't enjoy the process and am very easily distracted. I'll look forward to seeing your progress; maybe it will keep me moving in my own reorganization - which is happening at a much slower pace, but getting done bit by bit. Just before Christmas I did take a carton's worth of stuff to the school, and I've already started a new pile.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Everyone gasped when I first sorted my CS paper by color, but now I'm really glad I did. Time to do it again as the matching papers have gotten muddled. I also need to go through some of my more recent purchases and rediscover them. Funny how we tend to "forget" what we have!

Watch out, Farley. You may have inspired some organizing here!
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I guess I worked hard yesterday. I'm just now really waking up and it's 9 am! :shock: Maybe it was the lull of the pounding rain all night. It doesn't look like I did much but my attack on the papercase was a good one. Today it's the dreaded desk. :lol:

Stay tuned.

Oh and Pam, I remember the same reaction at CS when I mushed all papers together by color and blended all the kits. I thought I was going to be burned at the stake for it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

How I remember!

These days, I keep my kits together until most is used and then the remaining items are sorted into my stash.
Pam Cook #48
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I have a new idea on where to donate. We have talked about schools, libraries, etc. before, I don't think anyone has mentioned daycares at the local gym. I know the gym I belong to has a daycare and there are always lots of kids in there. I bet they would love some colored paper. The next time I purge that is where I am taking mine. Just a thought.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Trixie wrote:I have a new idea on where to donate. We have talked about schools, libraries, etc. before, I don't think anyone has mentioned daycares at the local gym. I know the gym I belong to has a daycare and there are always lots of kids in there. I bet they would love some colored paper. The next time I purge that is where I am taking mine. Just a thought.

Judy
Good idea! I always suggest Boys and Girls Clubs which are after school programs. They have been very appreciative of anything I have taken.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Our county school system only allots $200 per teacher to purchase a year's worth of supplies for their classrooms. I donate things regularly to the art teachers. Can you imagine how little $200 buys when you need paints, brushes, canvases or whatever?
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Well I'm starting to run out of steam for the day. At least I cleared my desk, tossed old half done projects that aren't worth finishing (not to mention worth starting) and found homes for all those bits and pieces that accumulate, many went into the trash. I'm putting back the absolute necessities only.

The rain has been relentless so it's been the perfect weekend for this project. The paper case doesn't look like i did much but it's organized well now and I have 3 boxes filled with paper and card stock that is going away to a school or daycare as Judy suggested. But I'm not done yet. Computer/cutter desk needs cleaning also. Then the dreaded stuffed drawers. Miles to go before I sleep.
Attachments
IMG_1084.JPG
IMG_1084.JPG (106.74 KiB) Viewed 576 times
IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG (115.31 KiB) Viewed 576 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Well, I'm impressed of that counts for anything. But I'm very worried for you. If the rain continues, are you out of the flood zone?
Pam Cook #48