The Great Gut/Purge/Organize of 2017

paddlegal

Re: The Great Gut/Purge/Organize of 2017

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:Well, I'm impressed of that counts for anything. But I'm very worried for you. If the rain continues, are you out of the flood zone?

Don't worry. We are fine. We are indeed in the flood area as is pretty much all of Sacramento County. But about 10 years ago the Feds did major work in my immediate neighborhood on the nearby Sacramento River Levee which gives us some reassurance. Areas all around us are somewhat flooded. My Cosumnes River Preserve hangout closed several days ago. The Visitor Center is totally surrounded by water. Hoping it isn't any higher. It just reopened a few weeks ago after painting and other improvements. I doubt that I can even get near it. Those roads are very low and the Cosumnes (which has no dam on it) and Mokelumne Rivers meet there. We also have an extensive network of pumps in my neighborhood to deal with the excess of water. I have stayed inside all weekend. Tomorrow I will head out for my exercise class and will have a chance to see what shape things are in.

Pam what about you and the snow you were expecting? I hope you are well supplied with food and necessities.

I am happy so far with my great purge and clean up. Tomorrow is another day and hope to get another chunk done.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Pam C had several inches of snow and 2" of ice. Their roads are terrible and I'm amazed that they still have power. There are news videos of kids playing ice hockey in the roads.

We had next to nothing 90 miles south of her. Roads were great as of yesterday afternoon and sunshine today. Temps are supposed to be single digits in the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area where Pam is. We're expecting 14 for a low tonight and warming tomorrow. By Wednesday back in the 60s and climbing to the low 70s by Friday. That's NC for you, all four seasons in one week.

As much as I wish we'd had snow here, I'm really really glad there was very little ice and it's gone now.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Done for the night but I just had to make a card with some of the bits and pieces I found while clearing up. I'm not sure I like the doll. She has creepy eyes. :lol: I also slightly improved her expression and gave her a smile.
Attachments
IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG (125.29 KiB) Viewed 385 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Farley, I think your card is beautiful and not creepy at all. Maybe because of the smile. Beautiful!

We got snow and a bit of ice. The worst part was the cold. It was 1 degree when I went to bed at 11, but now at 3am we are up to 4 degrees! Heat wave!

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Sometimes those bits you find are so much fun to use! I love that 'paper' in the background or is it foil or a transparency or....
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

We are heading home today after being gone for 2 weeks and snowed in at Paul's all week end. We had about 4 or 5 inches of snow with a bout of freezing rain in between. Roads look pretty clear this morning do to a warm up and rain overnight, but still lots of snow on the ground. I hate to see what clean up I come home to. I just grabbed the boxes of wedding stuff, shut the door and left. guess I should take a before and after when I open the door again.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Watching the crew chopping up ice from our parking lot (I'm off campus now). They have tools that look like you'd use to scrape up linoleum or tile from the floor. The snow plows went through a few times so now they're down to the ice layer (2-3" maybe?).

Pam P - I think we still have power because we never had an ice storm. It rained like all get-out Friday and then the temperatures plummeted. It quickly turned to sleet and then snow. All that rain sitting on the roads and side walks froze in place. Saturday, all the snow we had was like a fine dust and that layer froze on top of it all. What a mess. At least it's all short-term. Very inconvenient, very beautiful, and very cold. Monica's the one I worry about. Marianne was blasted as well. I think the Cheryl's and I were the most impacted - although Debi D? I heard about power outages on the Outer Banks? Are you okay?
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Farley - I actually didn't think your room looked too bad before you started, but the after shot makes it clear how much work you did - great job!

That's one room that I almost never even consider for a purge. I should, because there are plenty of things in there that I'll never use. I could definitely get rid of old inks, for example, but they don't take up that much space, in the grand scheme of things. And all of the things that do take up space (paper) are the things that I tend to look at and fall in love with all over again. I could gain some space if I got rid of my stamps, but I just like having them. So no purging for me - not in that room. I re-organize frequently, but that's as good as it gets.

Oh, and I co-mingled my CS cardstock with the rest of my colored cardstock too. It was tough to do at the time, but I'm so glad I did it. I have one of those pegboard paper racks that they have at retail stores, and I keep my cardstock by color family, and the CS patterned stuff is stored upside-down. Sometimes I'll pull it for the color, look at the patterned side and actually use it that way, but for the most part, I'm just using the solid side. Definitely better than not using it at all - that stuff was far too expensive to not use!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

Good for you Farley!

I spent about an hour cleaning my space up from Christmas, but it's been so cold out there I haven't had much mojo to go out there. I'm getting antsy to create again. We went to visit my daughter and family this weekend - a windy/rainy drive home Sunday - so hopefully I'll have some free time this week!
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

We're OK here. Just darned cold. Dominion Power had some issues near or in Virginia and we had flickers Saturday night, but it stayed on. Yay!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They had blizzard conditions up near the NC/VA border, didn't they?

Farley you've motivated me to resume my great purge. Once everyone has all the Thickers they want, I'll have to choose another supply to pare down.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:They had blizzard conditions up near the NC/VA border, didn't they?

Farley you've motivated me to resume my great purge. Once everyone has all the Thickers they want, I'll have to choose another supply to pare down.

That's the ticket. Selecting one area or type of item and purge it!

I ran out to the market just now in a deluge (thank goodness for my birding rain gear) just for some fresh basil for our pasta tonight and when I got home my dear hubby had cleared out the large items in my craft room so the Roomba could vacuum! It's amazing...I didn't think it was ready for vacuuming because of the paper debris on the floor still. Wrong...it did an amazing job leaving just a few long strips of waste paper from my cutter.
Attachments
IMG_1096.JPG
IMG_1096.JPG (99.03 KiB) Viewed 338 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yes, I'm envious!
Pam Cook #48