Create the title for our page!

Luanne

Create the title for our page!

Post by Luanne »

NO Hijacking this time, please!!!

Do you want to help us with a logo? How about a logo and a title bar? How about just a title bar? or Do you have a cool photo of something you've made? Please submit it here, on this post!! The 'Admin' will find one that works, and every once in a while change it, just to keep us on our toes and in the Seasonal spirit.

So please....post away! It looks so naked right now.

If you want a technical description:

"Looks like the only limitation is the height. I don't know how familiar you are with HTML or styles or any of that fun web development stuff, but the header style is set to a size of 120px. And I think that includes the login stuff too - not just the logo section. And I can replace the small logo image and the built-in site name and description with one single image, as long as it's not too tall.

So.... if you want to update that challenge and tell people to try to keep submissions to no larger than 120px tall - then the width can either be full banner width, or just a logo type image of any size that can stay on the left. The only thing that's kind of a "catch" is that if we go with a logo size image (on the left), we should stick with that size for all future submissions. If we go with a full banner logo, then we should make all future submissions that exact same size. That way, changing the header is just a matter of replacing one file only.

And, just to make sure no one is stressed about the size requirments, let them know that we can crop down or resize, if they think they've got something that will work. But, if it's going to be too big to fit within that height, and doesn't look good when it's scaled down, then we won't be able to use it.

I'm really hoping that someone will submit an awesome full width banner (or something that would crop well to that height/width). I think that would be the coolest... And anyone who wanted to do something without the site name, that would only take a couple of minutes to add in photoshop before uploading."
ChrisR

Re: Create the title for our page!

Post by ChrisR »

okey dokey, here is my first submission. I'll submit more as time and inspiration allows.

ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

argh...looks like photobucket is having issues at the moment..I'll try again later
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Wow Chris! Great start! Can't wait to see more submissions.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

Here's one from me
Attachments
submission 1 (Small).jpg
submission 1 (Small).jpg (17.39 KiB) Viewed 830 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Holly - Switch your a and o - they're backwards. I love the colors.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

My DD Rowan is working on a submission as we speak...much more fun than doing homework :lol:
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

here is another one

Holly

Post by Holly »

here is another one.
Holly

Post by Holly »

And thanks Pam-- That's what I get when I am interrupted while working.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

go to edit your post

scroll down to where you added the photo, then go a little bit more.

you'll see where it's attached. to the right of the box it'll say delete.

click that
the page will refresh
hit submit
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Here is Rowan's submission:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow! This is going to be a tough choice! Does this really have to be up to me? How am I supposed to pick????

I adore all of them. For the first update, I'm currently leaning towards those with blue-ish tendencies - because it seems like they'll blend well with the rest of the blueishness (is that a word?) of the site. Or, would bold contrast actually be better??? I don't know. Either way, look for something to go up tomorrow night, at the latest.
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is what I have been playing with this afternoon when I should have been doing lots of other stuff I don't want to do.
I have not been able to see most of the others, in fact, any of ChrisR's and Monica's pics in any messages I can't see so I couldn't add any of their stuff to the border. I think it is that they are being imported from other online places. Would that be right?
Anyway, here is my idea to take some of the first things that have been posted to the site to make a banner. And the font is called Rage and I like it a lot but I smoothed the edges a bit. Appropriate, I think ;)
Attachments
Border copy.jpg
Border copy.jpg (90.15 KiB) Viewed 748 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Holly

Post by Holly »

Oh! Forget my entries! I vote for Marrianne's. That is just so right! WOW