Tim's Tags .... coming to an end

mpizzazz

Re: Tim's Tags .... coming to an end

Post by mpizzazz »

I see it as Tim is still being true to what he wants to do and his style. He's not going to go all sweetness and light, it's just not him. So, we take it or leave it!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

mpizzazz wrote:I see it as Tim is still being true to what he wants to do and his style. He's not going to go all sweetness and light, it's just not him. So, we take it or leave it!
Exactly Marianne, and really everything comes 'round again. Maryjo McGraw said that years ago!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:I see it as Tim is still being true to what he wants to do and his style. He's not going to go all sweetness and light, it's just not him. So, we take it or leave it!

Quite true, Marianne. But the industry is changing all the time and I hope Tim can stay in the game. His talent and imagination is astounding. Who knows, with him not involved at Ranger maybe he'll be free to branch out. You never know what kind of restrictions these companies put on their designers.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm really hoping to see something amazing from him now that he has left Ranger.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I didn't realize he had totally left Ranger, I just thought he was no longer the Designer. I'll have reread what he said. This will open up a lot of possibilities then.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Yes, I thought he was still a designer at Ranger too, just no longer their Creative Director. I imagine that position was a bit too restrictive for him; we're talking about a guy who didn't even want his own design team. And while his style may not be trendy, I agree with Marianne that he's stayed true to himself. I think there are still lots of people in the mixed media world who still follow him; it's really the scrapbook industry trends that he doesn't currently jive with. I think he came to scrapbookers' attention when the grungy look was all the rage, because that's what he was doing. Of course he was smart enough to parlay that into a nice little career, so good for him.
Monica

Post by Monica »

My bad for not being specific... he' isn't the creative director anymore. Far as I know he is still a designer for them.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

There are some nice dies in his Sizzix release. http://timholtz.com/2017-sneak-peek-sizzix-alterations/
I really like the buildings and the transportation. What can I do with a cement truck or whatever it is?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's certainly going to be interesting to see what he does next. I saw a couple of things I liked but I haven't liked the majority of his stuff in years - still love his inks but haven't expanded my ridiculously large collection of Distress Inks. I for sure didn't like the stamps designed by Mario's son. They're a very distinct style and while people have made cute cards & tags with them, just not me. I love, love vintage style - heck - 95% of my house is furnished with flea market finds but I felt like I had "enough" of it for my needs.

Ranger frustrated me with products that didn't perform well. From Distress Crackle to the Distress Stains & Markers (bizarre color problems). The ones that work well are the best ever.

Tim has one of those brilliant, creative minds. Maybe without the time constraints of being "Creative Director" whatever that entails, he can rejuvenate his line? And yes, I mean "create stuff that Pam must buy".
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Okay. I'm revising previous statement about old looks. I rather like some of the dies (cityscapes) and many of the embossing folders. And of course how could I forget that I recently bought one of the mixed media dies that I love? That's what comes from having too many fun things to play with.

Marianne thanks for the link.
FARLEY in Sacramento