Election Day!

pamcook

Election Day!

Post by pamcook »

I plan to spend the night with paper and adhesive catching up on some scrapbooking projects.
Don't get me wrong - I consider myself a Patriot but I'm not going to be on FB or in front of the TV.

You may find this a bit shocking - I've almost completed my 2015 Journal Your Christmas project. I know. :shock:
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Re: Election Day!

Post by nchoney »

Yay, Pam!! I know you'll finish it before this December!

I've done my voting and I'll be doing some paper crafting this evening, too! Stayed home from work yesterday and today with a nasty headache and tummy bug, but I'm feeling a bit better now, so I need to craft tonight!! :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I hope you feel much better soon!
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I voted the very 1st early voting day, now I just want it to be done.

Going to eat Peruvian food and have a few drinks. Maybe I'll paint some tonight too.

I'll ignore the TV that will be on (when your kid is in AP US History and it's an election year you get to watch way more of the political process than you care too :roll: )
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

We have almost no cable channels, but we do actually plan to order in some very-bad-for-us takeout, and make a pitcher of margaritas, and make a night of it. We used to watch the returns on comedy central many years ago, which was always fun. But tonight we will watch local networks with all seriousness. We're also looking for news on some local propositions that we feel pretty strongly about. I wish I could say I could ignore it and just listen for the outcome tomorrow morning, but I can't. Hence the plan for margaritas. :drunk:

Regardless of the outcome, I kind of feel like tonight will be one of those "where were you when..." moments. You know? We will either get politics as usual, but will have finally gotten past the whole "first female president" milestone, or we will get a non-politician who, if he has his way, could actually change this nation in ways I can't fully get my head around. And I don't know that even the wisest of historians and political scholars would know how to anticipate how the future will play out.

I'm not looking to start a debate - I know our PAO people have leanings on both sides, and the fact that we all get to make that choice and have it count is what matters. My point is that either way tonight is historic, I think.

So.... margaritas.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

ChristyB wrote:I'll ignore the TV that will be on (when your kid is in AP US History and it's an election year you get to watch way more of the political process than you care too :roll: )
Nicole is in US History this year (early years, and not AP), so I'm frankly a little surprised she hasn't shown more interest. I would think that there would be opportunities to learn about the political process at least a little bit. But she hasn't said two words about it. I wonder if she's going to show an interest tonight, or just be her normal "meh" teenage self. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Up at 4:00 am with a migraine, so I finally waited until a decent hour, called in, and then knocked myself out - or at least tried to. The phone would ring every.single.time I started to relax, and it was either the office or campaign calls. Our phones announce who's on the line, and if they leave a message you hear that, too. I jerked the :censor: thing out of the wall finally. I'm so tired of calls and ads that I could scream. If people haven't made up their minds by today, they don't need to vote.

As for tonight, I'm going to sit in here, have Martini In the Morning (an "American standards" online station) playing on the computer, and try to finish up a few pages.

Thank goodness it'll all be over but the shouting in the morning, one way or the other.

Julie, I agree with your assessment.

I'm Pam Phillips, and I approve this message. :tomato:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pam I hope your migraine is a thing of the past and you're enjoying some soothing crafting.

We just finished dinner, Bob has dozed off listening to election reporting, I just finished an excellent glass of Todd Taylor Cabernet Reserve and I'm about to enter my craft room and try to figure a good guy birthday card. Also I need to pack for my craft group meeting tomorrow and take a project. Need to go to bed early for an early morning birding start with one of my crafter buddies before we go to our meeting.

And yes, I did vote today. No lines happily. I love where we vote. It's my son's elementary school so I always see a few teachers that I know plus neighbors. We are lucky that our poll is so close and walk-to-able.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I was at hospital all day with hubby
He finally had a stent put in left leg
It should feel better
He is home now

After I came home I tried to craft but
too stressed so went to bed and read
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Hope things have worked out well, Jill, and you're feeling better today.

Kathryn.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Hoping and praying that all his medical issues have been addressed. He's had a tough year as have you. Keep taking care of yourself!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Thank you everyone
my stress has calmed down
hubby seems to be feeling better
his toes are nice and pink
one leg done and one to go.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois