Northwest Storm

clamscrapper

Northwest Storm

Post by clamscrapper »

Looks like a massive storm is bearing down on the Northwest states. Praying for safety for you ladies in that area. I know there are many of you in PAO. Please get prepared and somewhere safe. From the weather reports I'm seeing, it appears to be a dangerous storm affecting a widespread area. Check in with us as you are able to let us know how you're doing.

The devastation in eastern and southern NC from the flooding is still ongoing. Homes and businesses are flooded, roads closed and many still without power.

Be safe my friends! :happy94:
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pamcook

Re: Northwest Storm

Post by pamcook »

Our son & his family are in that storm as well. Interesting how the news media is just now acknowledging it.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I hope they stay safe. We don't need any more nasty storms any where here in the USA. Rain yes, storms no!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

No rain needed, either. Unfortunately there's another hurricane in the Atlantic bearing down on Bermuda. The US is catching it from both sides. Hopefully the NW has learned better than the SE from Matthew and is prepared.

Ladies, be safe and check in when you can. :happy94:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

We for sure don't need the rain but there are many areas of the south in a drought.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Stay safe where ever you are!

We could use rain here in Indiana... ;)
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
nancine

Post by nancine »

My cousin in Everett WA says that this time of year they always get big storms, but this one looks huge.
My friends who just moved up near Eureka (northern California) report that the storm so far is not as potent as predictions.
It hasn't rained a drop here in the "south bay" but we expected that - all rain is mostly north of the Golden Gate!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Nancy we've only had a short sprinkle so far from this big storm. It's dry again but looks menacing out there. The radar shows it quite a bit north of us and is passing more northeast. But there's another one behind it. I would appreciate it holding off until tomorrow afternoon. Birding field trip tomorrow morning. :lol:

I did do my shopping yesterday so I could hunker down today and enjoy some serious craft room time. Cooking up brown rice, quinoa and chili so I'll have only brief need to stop playing if someone should be hungry.
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

We got 3 inches of rain yesterday and 70 mph gust in the evening. Had candles lit all evening in case the power went out (luckily it did not) Had to deal with a leaky window that the wind was driving rain in right before bed. Right now we have broken clouds and it's windy, but not gusting. We are making the 2hour drive to Corvallis this afternoon, hoping to beat the next wave coming in tonight.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

You all keep us posted.... no more storms... no more flooding!!! Saying lots of prayers!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Right now I am doing the Rain Happy Dance! We are so desperate for rain. Our trees around house and neighborhood are looking really sad and dry so I'm hoping this will give them a good drink and the ground will soak up the water since it's so darn dry. I live in what is called The Pocket, which is a huge U shape bend of the Sacramento River. About 8 years ago the Feds spent a bundle of money shoring up the badly beat up levees. So far, so good.

Wow Rachelle! 70 mph winds...hope you didn't lose any thees in that. Scary. Safe travels!

Meanwhile I am playing with my KNK. It's one of those very rare days that I am home alone. Bob is out looking at French Horns and Charley is substitute teaching at a high school for the next few days.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I have a really good friend in Seattle who has been talking about the storm for a few days and how suddenly people are paying attention and are out stocking up on emergency supplies. Her comment was, "guess they don't keep an earthquake box". That gave me pause, not a comment we hear on the East Coast, but we certainly all know how to prepare for hurricanes. I don't think we could fit all our prep in a box but I wonder what items in the box are the same. I'll have to ask her, she is always prepared for anything! :anyone:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

We've had two nights and days of rain, although today has been patchy with it. High winds, up to 70 mph gusts, are predicted for the weekend. Biggest worry to me would be losing power, given that my only source of heat is electric, but we get wind storms every year so I'm fairly certain we're okay. At least it's still above freezing!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I saw that the really rough stuff was headed toward Yakima. Let us know how you're doing in the morning. I'll keep the "lights on" happy thoughts for you and Rachelle and Pam's family!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:I saw that the really rough stuff was headed toward Yakima. Let us know how you're doing in the morning. I'll keep the "lights on" happy thoughts for you and Rachelle and Pam's family!
Will do! ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin