This is not a good weekend

Trixie

This is not a good weekend

Post by Trixie »

Whine, whine, whine... A stray dog turned up at the library about 6 weeks ago. Cute, skinny, full of energy. We tried to find him a home, but no dice. So, I took him home. I already have 4 dogs and 3 cats. The last thing I need is another dog. I got him shots and on Friday I had him neutered. I figured it was perfect timing since I would be home with him for 3 days. Within 12 hours of his surgery he had removed his stitches. Sigh. Back to the vet. $$$ I got him a cone which they swore he couldn't get out of. It took about 5 hours for him to figure it out. I am worried to death about his incision. I am afraid it will get infected. He doesn't act like it hurts him at all. I decided to try to craft a bit and thought I would stamp and cut out some flowers from Altenew. I just used them a couple of weeks ago. Well, I can find the stamp, but the dies are nowhere to be found. How do these things get lost? I have gone thru all my dies, looked in the stamp envelope, and cleaned off my whole desk. Nothing. I am so frustrated that I may have to take a nap.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Keitha

Re: This is not a good weekend

Post by Keitha »

The only advice I can offer is stop looking for the dies. It's usually my experience that when I stop looking, whatever is hiding tires of the game and reveals itself. Of course sometimes it takes awhile... How lucky that stray is that he found you. Have you named him yet, or is that too much like claiming him permanently?
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I am calling him Dewey as in the Dewey Decimal System since he showed up at the library. Most of my animals have been strays who were hanging around the library. He is cute as can be and very smart. He just has tons of energy. Way more than I have.

I just am worried the dies have gotten thrown away, but you're right. I need to chill and see if they show up.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Write a nice email to the folks at Altenew.... tell them the whole story about Dewey and explain that the dies have gotten lost somewhere in the fray of taking care of the new rescued dog. Ask them if you'd be able to buy just the dies... since you already have the stamps.... and maybe they're dog-lovers too and will offer to send you the dies. You never know until you ask. :-)

Of course.... they could turn out to be putzes who won't let you buy the dies, either.... but again.... it's worth a try.

Hope you find them, though.... they're probably hiding in plain sight.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

are they between the cutting plates, that's where
mine usually hide. :)
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Stupid fairies have hidden them. It happens at my house all the time. Supposedly they'll bring back your hidden items if you leave them food in a fairy circle. Do you have one nearby?
You're a big-hearted person. Those strays have put out the word to find you for a good home.
Pam Cook #48