Nice Long Weekend

pbp908

Re: Nice Long Weekend

Post by pbp908 »

All of the flooding was near the SC/Ga border, well south of Bonnie and Charleston. I just wish we could dry out a little. This has been a very wet spring.

Come to think of it, with the rain falling non-stop spaghetti sounds good. I've got lots of no-salt added tomatoes and whole wheat pasta. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I haven't watched the news since Friday. It's thundering here but no rain yet. I'm sure it's on the way though.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We decided on turkey tacos and burritos (with whole wheat tortillas). Talked Adam into some frozen yogurt for desert. He said "Are we allowed to do that?" He's really riding herd on the menu since George's heart attacks.

Now all I have to do is convince them that we need to go vegetarian. :shock:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:I think we're doing the traditional spaghetti dinner. :roll: It's Joel's favorite.

So not related but my big news? My doctor took me off metformin all together! She asked, "So how are you dropping your cholesterol and triglycerides?" I tried to tell her about Dr. McDougall, but like most people, I could see her zone-out. I have been telling my brother-in-law about Dr. M since last April. Doug is diabetic with high cholesterol/triglycerides. When I told him my news - he acted like I had never told him. He's so discouraged - in that vicious circle of increasing doses, adding more medicines, gaining weight, feeling worse and worse. Decided to give it a try. Immediate results. Less than a week of eating a plant based diet, he's feeling better, not "starving all the time" and his fasting blood sugar is staying between 100-105. He plans to discuss a new treatment plan with his doctor to wean off his meds. I'm so proud of him. I know it's not easy - but so worth it.
Dr. M has a great video out explaining why this lifestyle works so well. If anyone wants the link, either Farley or I would be happy to forward it.

In other news, I hooked up my Silhouette again. Wish me luck.

Pam, Bob and I LOL at "acted like I never had told him". We had the same experience with Bob's brother. Then he got a warning from annual med exam that he needed to clean up his health or he would be grounded. (United captain). He got religion after another talk with his big brother and totally turned all iffy tests around. He looks and feels great and aced follow up exams. This was about 4 years ago and he's still going strong. Please extend to your brother our congratulations on taking control of his health and his success. So happy for him and you. Good job Sis.

BTW...dinner here was brown rice fettuccine and my homemade sauce. Deeee-lish!
FARLEY in Sacramento