Nice Long Weekend

paddlegal

Re: Nice Long Weekend

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:So you steam the potatoes until they are like mushy and use that as the "glue?"
Pretty much. I steam my potatoes in my steamer for 50 minutes. They are chopped into wedges. I cooked some tonight just to have for dinner and then the leftovers will go for burgers. They were very fresh potatoes and cooked perfectly. Delicious.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I cook my veggie burgers on my Cuisinart grill. Yum.

Looks like we might get some rain from this storm. Glad we were at the beach earlier this month. Debi- stay dry! Just looked out the window - raining already. So much for a zoo visit today. My Graphic 45 kit came yesterday and I really wanted to go to the zoo! It's a beautiful kit (if you're in the fence).

If I can get up
Out of this chair, I think I'll make that cup of coffee and go finish pulling together my June scrapbook supplies. I haven't done Jen's scrapbook sketch challenge nor have I tried Farley's card challenges for a couple of months. There's nothing quite so nice as a rainy weekend.
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Burger recipe sounds good Farley. I had posted something here, but deleted it as I misspoke. I have begun a new way to eat...food combining. Strict rules on what not to eat together...carbs and proteins, etc. Beans are a combo of carbs and protein...therefore hard to digest on a food combining lifestyle. Any suggestions for a burger without beans?
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm thinking bunless, too. Actually, I'm thinking I'll eat it like Farley does because that sounds absolutely delish.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I even add a first layer of brown rice, then the greens followed by the bean burger avacado (a big treat) and grilled veggies. Don't forget the mustard. Personally I always add several dashes of tobacco sauce as well.

Pam I have a non stick grill pan that spans 2 burners plus a large round single burner grill pan so I can load up and cook everything at once.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Tobacco sauce, eh?
Is that anything like the chew the baseball players use?
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I eat my "burgers" on a bed of salad greens but can't convince hubby that's the way to do it. So we just don't have them.

I'm sure the problem with my lentil loaf was my own inadequate cooking skill. You may remember that Roy simply refused to eat it so I had to eat the entire loaf myself. Mine wasn't all that tasty. After that episode, I wasn't inclined to try it again.

If I want lentils, I'll stick to my apricot lentil soup. I could eat that every night.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

ScrappinJen wrote:Tobacco sauce, eh?

Dang auto-correct. :lol:
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote:

:-o :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Aw, I thought it might be on the WPF diet. It is a plant, right? Quite a huge agricultural product in Kentucky. Along with hemp. Just sayin'.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

We have just finished our dinner tonight of grilled bean burgers and veggies with chopped fresh tomatoes, greens and avocados. Oh...and paired with an excellent Todd Taylor 2014 Pinot Noir Reserve. It was ALL scrumptious.

Side note: just for fun I used black beans instead of the usual red kidney beans. Either works great.
Attachments
20160529_184850-640x266.jpg
20160529_184850-640x266.jpg (57.29 KiB) Viewed 266 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I have a cast iron griddle very much like yours, Farley. Why did I never think to use the thing on the grill for vegetables?? Cheryl M posted a photo on FB of some delicious looking zucchini. Looks like a trip to the grocery is in order and a change of menu. Maybe the rain will stop in time for dinner.

Did anyone happen to notice the name of this darned tropical depression?? BONNIE.
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I think we're doing the traditional spaghetti dinner. :roll: It's Joel's favorite.

So not related but my big news? My doctor took me off metformin all together! She asked, "So how are you dropping your cholesterol and triglycerides?" I tried to tell her about Dr. McDougall, but like most people, I could see her zone-out. I have been telling my brother-in-law about Dr. M since last April. Doug is diabetic with high cholesterol/triglycerides. When I told him my news - he acted like I had never told him. He's so discouraged - in that vicious circle of increasing doses, adding more medicines, gaining weight, feeling worse and worse. Decided to give it a try. Immediate results. Less than a week of eating a plant based diet, he's feeling better, not "starving all the time" and his fasting blood sugar is staying between 100-105. He plans to discuss a new treatment plan with his doctor to wean off his meds. I'm so proud of him. I know it's not easy - but so worth it.
Dr. M has a great video out explaining why this lifestyle works so well. If anyone wants the link, either Farley or I would be happy to forward it.

In other news, I hooked up my Silhouette again. Wish me luck.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam? Did you have flooding yesterday? I saw I-95 was closed because of the flooding rains. So far, no flooding here. Great scrapbooking weather.
Going to the grocery before the rain starts again.
Pam Cook #48