Plans for this weekend?

pamcook

Plans for this weekend?

Post by pamcook »

We're in this cool, rainy pattern (loving it!). I've been forcing myself to go work out and then chilling at home with my blanket and mindless television. I have several things I'd like to get done this month.
Tomorrow, I hope to get caught up with Monica's challenges first and then go back to check out some of the iNSD challenges I missed. For some reason, I had delusions that I would get some done while at the beach - didn't happen. I also plan to make a few cards and do some stamping/die cutting. Yes, that all sounds a bit over-achiever-ish but that's what I'd like to do - at least get them done before the end of this month. Besides, I have several loads of laundry that need to be done. All are great reasons to stay home as much as I can tomorrow (supposed to be cool and rainy at least in the morning).
I ordered about 100 photos. Debi would be proud of me - cleared several hundred photos from my phone over the past few days. I need to edit and reprint a few of my WA 2015 photos to finish up that album.
Maybe I need to make a list.

Anyone else have crafting plans for the weekend?
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Re: Plans for this weekend?

Post by ScrappinJen »

I always have big plans to craft. Seriously, I hope to get to some of Monica's challenges as well as another run at my sketch.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I'm finally digging into Shimelle's newest class, which is helping me get a plan together for my Route 66 album. Now that I have a clear direction as to what I want to do I'm hoping to make some progress at least planning pages and getting photos ready. I still think I'd like to have a few page kits ready to go so when I actually scrap them it goes more quickly.
Monday is a holiday here and also my birthday, so that afternoon I'll be busy with family.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I've got to invent the Christmas card for the June "challenge" .... and make some of those to show

Then.... I need to unpack the things I'm using for the Arizona scrapbook (I haven't unpacked all those bags yet... LOL) and set things up on a table so I can work on them... hopefully get some pages done, too

I AM proud of Pam for getting photos printed... I got some printed for Peggy and me and hopefully Mike is picking them up from the Post Office today...yay!!

I got those missing Arizona photos printed and they came in earlier in the week and I already sorted them into the box with the others, so I'm ready to keep moving forward

Need to do some laundry too... but the machine will do all the work... thankfully I won't need to spend time going out to beat them on the rocks (I'd be in a fix since there aren't any laundry-beating-rocks around, huh?)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Graduation and 2 birthday parties. Plus several graduation parties I have to make an appearance at! One birthday party last night. It was for Jak. He will be 8 on the 26th. Then tonight is a surprise 40th for my daughter at our church, It's hard keeping all the activity for the party away from her. I just say "It's for Allyson's graduation!!"
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ScrappinJen wrote:I always have big plans to craft. Seriously, I hope to get to some of Monica's challenges as well as another run at my sketch.
ACK! I forgot about your sketch! Maybe I have some prints now that will work. I love it. Added to my list.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:I'm finally digging into Shimelle's newest class, which is helping me get a plan together for my Route 66 album. Now that I have a clear direction as to what I want to do I'm hoping to make some progress at least planning pages and getting photos ready. I still think I'd like to have a few page kits ready to go so when I actually scrap them it goes more quickly.
Monday is a holiday here and also my birthday, so that afternoon I'll be busy with family.
An early Happy Birthday wish, Keitha! :cool5:

I've enjoyed this Shimelle class quite a bit. I used her ideas for my layouts I did at the beach (organizing and pulling together the supplies).

Our Memorial Day holiday is next weekend. For some reason, it always sneaks up on me. I need to plan something special to do.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Which of Shimelle's classes are you two talking about?
Ohmygosh, I totally forgot that I bought Hitchhiker. I need to work through that. You know you're getting senile when you don't recall classes you've purchased. I also have birthday festivities on Sunday so my big push has to be today and tomorrow.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ScrappinJen wrote:Which of Shimelle's classes are you two talking about?
Ohmygosh, I totally forgot that I bought Hitchhiker. I need to work through that. You know you're getting senile when you don't recall classes you've purchased. I also have birthday festivities on Sunday so my big push has to be today and tomorrow.
The Scrapbook Process? I think that's what it's called. Its the one going on now. Yes, that's it.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

If I can survive today..... I need to get boxes ready to send to NZ and SoCal then go to the PO to send out at least 4 boxes to various addresses, do a bit of clean up in my craft space (again), and then I hope to sit down and do the 3 Heartfelt Creations card kits that I have languishing on my desk. And possibly continue to work on the NZ visit photos. I'd like to use the monthly sketch for this, and possibly some of the ones I posted as well. Oh, and I need to get the last few photos of that visit printed off! Finally got them from my girlfriend.

Oh, and the usual.... laundry, cleaning, farmer's market Sunday morning....
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

We have an amazing plant nursery not too far from us. It's a huge place and they sell to local grocery stores and, I think, Home Depot, etc. Twice a year they open to the public - Memorial Day weekend and some time around Christmas. We have gone to the Memorial Day weekend for several years now and bought our potted flowers, but it is just a madhouse and last year it had rained so heavy just prior to the weekend that the parking lot was a mess and the wait to get in was really long.

Anyway, this year they are having a VIP day - tomorrow. You have to pay a fee, of course, but attendance is limited and they serve breakfast in one of the greenhouses, have a guided tour (if you choose to take it) and shopping time with no lines at checkout. So, my husband and I decided it was worth it, to avoid the crowds and to have a "date". I'm excited. They have the most beautiful pre-potted flowers and I can't wait to put them on my deck and patio and front yard.

Other than that, it will be the normal house cleaning, laundry, cooking, and maybe a little crafty time.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:
ScrappinJen wrote:Which of Shimelle's classes are you two talking about?
The Scrapbook Process? I think that's what it's called. Its the one going on now. Yes, that's it.
Shimelle has never let me down. I'll read a class description and think I don't need help in that area, but then sign up for her class anyway because I know she'll have a perspective or idea that I'd not thought of. Already I know this class is worth it.

Jen, I'm compiling a written record of all the online classes I'm, ahem, taking. I'm using a little undated planner for that so it's handy in my studio, and I can make additional notes as I think of things I want to remember as I work through the classes.
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Happy birthday Keitha. Hope you have a wonderful one. Enjoy!

Taking the grandkids to the pool tonight, errands tomorrow and church on Sunday. Keeping the grandkids sometime over the weekend for mom and dad to have some time out. That will pretty much take up most of the weekend.

I have to get some things done over the weekend to get ready for our family trip to the beach next weekend for the holiday. The grandkids are so ready to go.

I'd love to get some art done over the weekend but don't see when. As I put things away from the retreat, it seemed to be a good time to clean up. Move one thing and it always leads to moving something else. Go figure! :lol:
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yes, Happy Birthday early, Keitha. I try to keep records of my classes in my Happy Planner but I'm forgetful. I'm ashamed to report I paid for a couple of Wilna's classes a year ago and haven't taken up yet. Duh.

By the way, I haven't been able to access this site on my iPad all week.. Finally in again.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Hair cut (last one was before surgery), laundry, grocery shopping, house cleaning, maybe some yard work weather permitting, Christmas cards (did you guys forget about the May challenge?), and goodness knows what else. I have new stamps I want to play with, but I also still have some photos printed that would like to see an album.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com