An addiction

mpizzazz

Re: An addiction

Post by mpizzazz »

Whenever I hear talk about POPs, I am so glad I never went down that path. Because I never used the solid cardstock as much as the prints, I didn't need to buy extra for mats or whatever.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

That's where we differ, then. I still have 3 plastic shoeboxes of POPs that I use for diecutting, cardmaking, and mattes. I got rid of all the ones smaller than a 4x6 piece of paper, but I have used and used those POPs for layouts. I've got through 2 shoeboxes of them since quitting CS. What I regret is buying those random packs of cards, because most of them were oddball sizes or scored as gatefold cards (which I detest).
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I use them a lot also Monica. I use them for cards also. I also hated the oddball sizes, don't mind some of the gate fold. Just want to get this all sorted.
Monica wrote:That's where we differ, then. I still have 3 plastic shoeboxes of POPs that I use for diecutting, cardmaking, and mattes. I got rid of all the ones smaller than a 4x6 piece of paper, but I have used and used those POPs for layouts. I've got through 2 shoeboxes of them since quitting CS. What I regret is buying those random packs of cards, because most of them were oddball sizes or scored as gatefold cards (which I detest).
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I use mine for embossing folders mostly but mat size ones are used for photos.
I don't get them anymore
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I haven't gotten Club Scrap for a few months now. I really can't get them now.

I must say it is feeling good to be getting this room in a little order. I still have a ways to go but the piles are getting smaller.
jmp1022 wrote:I use mine for embossing folders mostly but mat size ones are used for photos.
I don't get them anymore
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Monica wrote:What I regret is buying those random packs of cards, because most of them were oddball sizes or scored as gatefold cards (which I detest).
I went down that road as well, Monica. I have my share... ;)
I have used a lot of the cards, but have cut up those odd ones to use for other uses.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I still get the kit but not the pops.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Exactly what I did. That being said I have come across a couple of those card kits in my cleaning. So I will either finish or cut up those kits.
pat-czap wrote:
Monica wrote:What I regret is buying those random packs of cards, because most of them were oddball sizes or scored as gatefold cards (which I detest).
I went down that road as well, Monica. I have my share... ;)
I have used a lot of the cards, but have cut up those odd ones to use for other uses.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I never minded the odd sized cards, they came with envelopes so I didn't see any problem using them. I don't think I have ever used any of the clear envelopes though. Just never seemed the right card for it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I totally get the paper addiction. Ultimately, I realized that I never really liked the Club Scrap prints. If I didn't do straight out of the box ALSB, I couldn't really figure out how to use those prints. Apparently, I much prefer a tight repeating pattern, or just something around an edge. But the solid cardstock is something I seem to never quite have enough of. I don't have much of the textured CS stuff left - especially in the 12x12 size. I really wish there a cost-effective way to get that stuff.

I also was one who got POPs. I still have a TON of those, and honestly, I'm glad I do. I preferred to use the 12x12 sheets for background, and the 8.5x11 sheets for cards, and while I could have just cut those up as needed, having the POPs actually felt more cost-effective to me for having the mats and smaller scraps of the textures I loved so much. When they went to half POPs though, I was done. The value was totally gone.

My biggest single problem though, is patterned paper. I have two massive bins on rolling carts with nothing but patterned/print paper - and none of that even includes the Club Scrap prints. I have a very difficult time going to Michaels and staying out of the aisle with all of the $20 paper slabs. I'm always armed with a 40 or 50% off coupon, which makes them hard to resist. I've also received lots of paper slabs as gifts.

Anyway... I totally get the paper addiction. It's bad. But I will at least argue that my paper hoarding isn't nearly as bad as what Rob hoards. He keeps every last computer part that he's ever come across - working or not. And let me tell you - those "scraps" take up far more space in my house than my paper scraps. So I will continue to maintain that my paper addiction isn't such a terrible thing. At least it all fits in my scrap room. Rob's computer crap is all over the house. :?
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I only belong to cs. I did belong to a couple other clubs and cancelled after 1st month.
Hated their flimsy paper. Sometimes I'll buy some paper at a sale and end up cutting
it up for an envelope.
I'm not one for designs all over page. I want to see the pictures.
But that is JMO
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have always loved Stampin' Up! but I tend to use their card stock for my cards. I do once in a while use it for layouts but not often. I like Graphic 45, Bo Bunny and other various companies.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I'm guilty of a paper addiction too, although never subscribed to CS; I knew I'd still go to the LSS and buy other things I liked, so resisted the temptation. I finally did a Google search to find out what POPs were, LOL.

I'm a patterned paper gal through and through; it's not unusual for me to use 3 or 4 different pp on a layout and I often choose it for backgrounds as well. I've long said I could scrap in a World Without Cardstock, although I do use it for die cuts seeing as I have a box full. The inclusion of cardstock in most monthly kits is one thing that keeps me from subscribing to them.

I'd say my favourite supply is embellishments, but I never seem to make it out of the store without at least a few sheets of paper. I avoid paper pads no matter how good a price they are; I don't even look at them so I'm not tempted. At least I no longer think I have to have every paper in a release I like, nor do I buy two of them because I scrap double-pages.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

jfugina wrote:\ I have a very difficult time going to Michaels and staying out of the aisle with all of the $20 paper slabs. I'm always armed with a 40 or 50% off coupon, which makes them hard to resist.
I can't resist those when they show up in my Tuesday Morning store at $6.99 or less.... they may be older stock or design themes... but I figure if they're new to me, I should buy them.... have to stop doing that... LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com