An addiction

troublesmom

An addiction

Post by troublesmom »

I have been working for a couple of days trying to sort through all my card stock. I've been breaking up most Club Scrap kits ( not all ) and organizing by color. I have also been getting a handle on my Stampin' Up! card stock and can't believe how much I have. I have 6 packages of Whisper White 8 1/2 X 11 that have not yet been opened, not counting the packages that are opened. I must have at least one of every color they have that is in my stash not opened. :oops: :oops: :oops:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

It will take at least the rest of the week to get this in order you can only work so long before getting tired of it. I need help!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Re: An addiction

Post by jmp1022 »

you're as bad as me
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

:-o ...not really Cheryl, we all have too much stuff.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Yes I do. :roll:
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

You don't really realize how much there is until you really try and clean up. I am tossing a lot of the small stuff.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I for one can't understand how I could pitch my wedding dress on moving day way back in 1990, and now I can't throw old supplies out... :shock:

I'm one crazy gal.

I do have to say that getting ready to move way back when, I had got rid of so much stuff from the house it was crazy...I got caught up in the moment. I regret that, sort of...
Good thing I didn't have daughters...although they most likely wouldn't have wanted to wear my dress. ;)
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

You are not going to find any help here. We are all just like you in one way or another.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, sounds like you need to sell some cardstock, Cheryl. Maybe make a list of what you have and let us know.
I would buy a pack of the Whisper White at reCreate! I'm all about trying different white papers since the Card Class. Plus I was really out of white and cream. Situation has been slightly remedied :roll:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Patsy

Post by Patsy »

Cheryl, I took all my kits some years back and sorted them by color. Within six months I was sorting them back by kit because that is how I thought of them and kept searching and searching for specific papers. Now I take them out of the box and put them in a plastic folder and label and store them alphabetically. That way they don't take up as much room. I store them in those plastic 15 x 15 bins. I still keep them together even when I make up the layouts using ALS. I used to put them in binders but I really, really hate binders and have only got binders for my completed layouts now. Course the other paper I have collected is just here, there and everywhere. I keep the paks together and some of the loose papers I bought individually have gone out the door as I realize I've had them so long they are never going to be used. Sometimes I rue the day I walked into my LSS and saw my first CS kit, it was the New Orleans one, can't remember the official name, but it was way back, think they were only a couple of years old and I joined up. It was actually the kit that came out after Moody Blues. I've quit a couple of times, never made it past six months. Have received all of their kits at one time or another. I currently get the Lite. However, sometime last year I went for the Works for about six months so really multiplied my stash. Was just going to quit again, in fact skipped Cinema, but am drinking the koolaide once more. LOL. Just made my first GHM order in about a year yesterday. I suppose I could have a worse addiction.

Pat
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pat most of the papers I am separating are older kits and only have a few sheets and odd pieces left. Several of the newer ones I have are still together. The ones that have completed ALSB's are kept together with leftovers from the kit for when I add my photos. I have a whole bin of them ready for photos. I must admit that I have not looked in the past few months and will try and stay away for a while. I am waiting for Anna Griffin to release her new Christmas stuff (thanks Judy!!!)

Patsy wrote:Cheryl, I took all my kits some years back and sorted them by color. Within six months I was sorting them back by kit because that is how I thought of them and kept searching and searching for specific papers. Now I take them out of the box and put them in a plastic folder and label and store them alphabetically. That way they don't take up as much room. I store them in those plastic 15 x 15 bins. I still keep them together even when I make up the layouts using ALS. I used to put them in binders but I really, really hate binders and have only got binders for my completed layouts now. Course the other paper I have collected is just here, there and everywhere. I keep the paks together and some of the loose papers I bought individually have gone out the door as I realize I've had them so long they are never going to be used. Sometimes I rue the day I walked into my LSS and saw my first CS kit, it was the New Orleans one, can't remember the official name, but it was way back, think they were only a couple of years old and I joined up. It was actually the kit that came out after Moody Blues. I've quit a couple of times, never made it past six months. Have received all of their kits at one time or another. I currently get the Lite. However, sometime last year I went for the Works for about six months so really multiplied my stash. Was just going to quit again, in fact skipped Cinema, but am drinking the koolaide once more. LOL. Just made my first GHM order in about a year yesterday. I suppose I could have a worse addiction.

Pat
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I will bring along some extras. The whisper white comes in a 40 pack (8 1/2 x 11) and is $8.50
Other colors come in 24 pack and are $6.95 I will bring extras if anyone wants any.
mpizzazz wrote:Wow, sounds like you need to sell some cardstock, Cheryl. Maybe make a list of what you have and let us know.
I would buy a pack of the Whisper White at reCreate! I'm all about trying different white papers since the Card Class. Plus I was really out of white and cream. Situation has been slightly remedied :roll:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Ok, Cheryl, I will take a pack. I would like to try the various whites people used in the classes.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm re-thinking my organizing again.... looks like I'll have a while to re-think it... since my counter won't come back in the room til after we replace the floor, again.

But... I keep all the CS kits together until I'm down to just a few sheets... then it goes into a CS bundle of papers... those are still all so different from plain cardstock or patterned papers... it's easier to just flip through the drawers of assorted CS stuff... plus I had bought some packages of seconds... those are all in there, too...

I sort other patterned paper by manufacturer and/or design themes.... then I can easily find things that blend together well

the plain ol' cardstock will get sorted by colors, though, I think... guess I need to start doing that any day now... so it can make sense when I put it in place once the room is in order, again
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'm trying to sort POPs now
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Just sitting here smiling about this thread.