Why I love my Honda Pilot.

ChristyB

Why I love my Honda Pilot.

Post by ChristyB »

I know Julie and I periodically sing the praises of our cars but i am going to do it again.

mine saved my life yesterday.
broadsided in an intersection, spun around, sideswiped another car and into oncoming traffic to finally finish with a head on collision. (all with big cars)
my car is a mangled piece of metal.

me I have a sprained shoulder, major bruises and a few bumps, and burns from all the airbags going off.. Steve won't show me pictures of how the car looks because it's so bad.
i am in a sling for at least 3 weeks…
but I am alive.

Another pilot will soon be in my garage.

this isn't on fb, most of my family is on there and I don't need freak outs. As it is living in a small town where the fd, emts and police all know you husband the story of the accident spread like wildfire. even all the way to maya who is in AL.
just singing the praises of my car and maybe ask for a few healing thoughts. getting dressed and undressed is an ordeal at the moment.

but you know what… I am alive.
pamcook

Re: Why I love my Honda Pilot.

Post by pamcook »

OMG, omg, omg.

Oh Christy - I'm so very thankful you were in a vehicle that could protect you. Other than that, I'm just speechless - just so very thankful.
:happy94: :happy94: :happy94:
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

glad you are ok and I love hondas too
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

So glad you are okay. How scary that must have been.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

YIKES!

Thank God you are alive to tell us what happened.

I'm keeping a good thought and sending healing prayers for a speedy, uneventful recovery.

Take care Christy. :happy94:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Paula

Post by Paula »

Christy!! How blessed you are, and lucky!! Just so very thankful that you are okay, and that you walked away from an accident that sounds terrible!! Time will heal your injuries. Take the time the next couple of weeks to pamper yourself--you deserve it!!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Oh my goodness! :happy94: So glad you are okay, aside from the sprained shoulderand bruises! A good vehicle with a good safety rating is a wonderful thing. Hugs and prayers for a quick recovery!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Christy
Can you arrange for a spa day, like massage to pamper those sore muscles?
You are so very lucky to still be here.
Was anyone else with you?
Take care
:happy94:
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

OMG! So, so so very happy that you came out relatively unscathed! I'm sorry that you're hurt at all, but if your car is a mangled piece of metal, then it could have been so very much worse. I got chills just reading your account. Wow.

My pilot isn't nearly as new as yours was (and that was the newer of your two, right?), but I'm determined to hold on to mine for 5 more years, so that this tank can be Nicole's. The other option is to get another new pilot relatively soon, so that it's paid off by the time Nicole starts driving and she can have that. I've had lots of folks debate with me about giving such a large vehicle to a new driver, but it's stories like this that have me convinced that she needs to be driving something like this rather than a tiny fuel-efficient tin can.

Is everyone else who was involved OK? It definitely sounds like you got the worst of it. You were bounced around like something in a pinball machine! I'm so glad you're OK.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

So very sorry you were involved in this event! How scary! Will be sending prayers for a very speedy recovery and that you are back to normal soon!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

What they all say!!! :happy94: :happy94: :happy94:

So happy your Pilot did the job for you.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh yes - you need to get to a chiropractor and/or massage therapist to minimize the impact on your poor body! Anyone who's been in an accident like this knows that the pain morphs over the first 3 or 4 days. Please, please take care.
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Oh, Christy, you are going to be sore for quite a while, but thank goodness you're still here with us. I could hear the whole thing in my head as I was reading your post. It's a sound you never forget.
Please take care of yourself. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Thank God you're OK. Now to convince Steve that you need a photo of the car so you can scrap it. :tomato:

Seriously though, every morning before I start my 70 mph drive to work (I hate interstates), I pray for travel blessings for my friends, family and co-workers. I'm glad to know that they work. And I'm very glad that you don't drive a tiny little car.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

OH GOOD HEAVENS Christie! This brought tears to my eyes and I am so very thankful you were in a well built car that saved you from worse injury. My formerly fractured clavicle sympathizes with your sprained shoulder. Allow family and friends to take care of business at home and DO try to rest up and allow your body and mind to recover from your wild day. I would think emotionally this is a hard one to recover from as well.

Sending you healing hugs and my very best thoughts for a quick recovery! :happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento