Has Everyone...

jfugina

Re: Has Everyone...

Post by jfugina »

Sounds to me like your box wasn't loaded properly! I'll try to get a photo of what was in my box this weekend so you can see.

As far as anything in the box being from 5 (or more) years ago, I didn't really have any Basic Grey in my stash anyway, so it's all brand spankin' new to me. :lol: No one has ever accused me of being trendy. LOL.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Well, this is embarrassing. Evidently I took out the stack of letter stickers and set them aside while looking through the rest of the box. I found 9 more sheets of letter stickers UNDER the box when I finally moved it. How on earth I managed that is beyond me. I think I must have looked at the two sheets and was blinded by that green rhinestone tree...

Great selection of colors in those letter stickers. I think this kit is going to get used up quickly.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

We got home last night and I opened my box this morning. It is very much as Deb described. Tons of sheets of letter stickers but at least they are small plain fonts in usable colors. I also got the pad of Hey Boy 12 x 12 paper and a 6 x 6 pad of Hey There. They are mostly generic enough to use for anything as are the border stickers. I also got the pipe cleaner flower which makes me laugh because about 15 years ago, I made a lot of pipe cleaner poinsettias for Christmas packages instead of bows.
I've been thinking about buying one of those Capture binder/journal things so was pleased to get that to experiment with for future travels. I'm pleased with the box overall.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I need to look at that binder again. Brainstorming about making a December journal where I start it and let Mia finish it when they get here in December. The binder might be just the thing.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That sounds like a very good use for it, Pam. I want to try mine as a travel journal and see if I like the flexibility of adding loose papers instead of a bound book. You would be able to add cards, wrappings, etc. Sounds like fun.

I just unpacked my box and looked at everything again, taking it out of the packaging, etc. My red fluffy flowers had nice round yellow metal centers that reminded me of brads or flair so I cut off the red petals and added the centers to my metal box. They look a lot better now.
Then, being as I am in a stupor today anyway, I looked up each type of item or similar on either the BG site or scrapbook.com to see the prices. My box if bought individually would cost $130.07. So, if I don't use some of the stuff, I don't mind.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Exactly my feelings about warehouse boxes. Sure, I might not love all of it, but I generally get more than my money's worth. I've used bits and pieces from this one on several layouts (especially border stickers).

Great idea to use your binder for a travel journal. While I love your bound books, the freedom to add stuff here and there would be fun. I'm so looking forward to seeing your photos from this trip!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

There won't be many photos, Pam, just a few of my favorites in the journal. All the photos go onto Ray's blog instead of in albums.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels