Has Everyone...

troublesmom

Re: Has Everyone...

Post by troublesmom »

Sounds good Deb but I'm kind of glad I didn't order if there are lots of stickers. I have so very many now and like Marianne am trying to use them up.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Yes, the letter stickers are big, small and all colors. Marianne, if you get the same box I did you will not be happy, TONS of letter sticker pages!! You will never EVER need another one in your lifetime!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I went for a time when I rarely used letter stickers and now I use quite a few. Its good to have a stash of them. I'm also not afraid to throw out the incomplete sets when I've used all I'm going to.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam have you tried mixing up the different styles?
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yes, I do sometimes. There are just some letters I don't use - probably not creative enough with my titles! Shimelle did a video tutorial about mixing up letter stickers and it was pretty helpful. I've even embossed some to change the color. It takes a lot for me to get to the point where I'm throwing leftovers away.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I was trying to use them up so that then I HAD to use my stamps and make diecut letters. But letter stickers are easy and they are fun until you run out of the most used letters. I'll have to get rid of the leftovers sooner than I usually do.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

My box is due to arrive today. At one point I hated getting alpha stickers, and swore I'd never buy any more, because I could cut them out of paper with any one of my gazillion cricut carts or die cuts. And I could always make them look like stickers by hitting them with stickles or glossy accents. But the truth is - I just don't go to that much trouble. So bring on the alpha stickers, I guess. :lol: I've become somewhat of a master at building letters that I don't have out of the ones I do. I also mix letter stickers, but it's always the same ones that I'm out of - so mixing doesn't always help.

If there's really a good variety, then I can't wait to see my box tonight. I'm looking forward to some fresh embellishments. That's the drawer I really need to clean out. I need to do a big purge of stuff that's clearly never going to get used and make room for some nicer stuff.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Mine's due to arrive tomorrow.
I think I need to make a list of titles to use. When I browse blogs, I see the most creative titles and think that I'll remember to use them and of course, never do. I'll probably never make a list either! hahahaha
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I just wish someone would post a photo of what's in the box so I can sit here and kick myself for not getting one. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Sorry Pam - mine came yesterday but I then went to Zumba and once I was home I was back in vacation laundry recovery mode. But I did get a good look, and Debbie wasn't joking - they had some serious desire to ditch some alpha sticker sheets. :lol:

There were also tons of really nice embellishment stickers, though not much in the way of 3D embellishments.

The only thing that disappointed me (at first) was that all of the paper was from a single collection. There's literally a whole paper slab of one collection, and I never ever use the same paper more than 2-3 times max. I like how other warehouse boxes send papers from multiple collections, and maybe a few embellishments to match. But then I thought about it, and honestly, the sticker sheets they sent are fairly generic, and could work with tons of paper that I already have.

It's definitely one of the best values I've seen - those sticker sheets aren't cheap. This is probably the best bang for the buck since the very first Webster's box I got. Though I will say the Bella Blvd one about a month ago was pretty good too. :D
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Seriously underwhelmed this time around. I know I'll use the paper and a handful of the stickers but I must have been at the bottom of the barrel.
No doubt I'll get my money's worth out of it - regardless of the many duplicate items. Yes, I'm being hypercritical. Even the cutesy stuff will get used up by Mia.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Sorry you were disappointed Pam. The contents of the box were definitely a little too flat to be all that impressive. I still found it easy to appreciate the value though. I have to judge a box by whether I'll get my money's worth, and I feel I will with this one. I quit even looking at warehouse boxes for a while after the Heidi Swapp one a while back. That one was seriously disappointing to me. While this didn't have the same wow factor as the first Websters or Pink Paislee boxes I remember getting, I liked it a ton better than the Heidi Swapp one.

If we do another homemade kit swap again soon, I think someone is likely to get a half slab of Basic Grey "Hey Boy" paper and a sheet (or two) of Basic Grey alphas though. Not because I don't like them - because half a slab of the same paper is already way more than I'll ever use. :shock:
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:lol:

Yes, the value is definitely there - but - I got Christmas stickers from several years ago and of course, both were collections I would have never used. I looked at them several times last night and thought, "What would ___ do with them?" I got nothing! hahaha
No doubt I'll get my money's worth from the paper and a few of the stickers (only 2 sticker sheets for me - boo!).

Watch - the things I liked least will end up being what I use the most!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

You only got two sticker sheets? That sucks! I got almost 100% exactly what Deb described. I think I got a box of brads instead of the fibers/ribbons she listed though. I think I got the same exact amount of everything else the Deb listed.
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

No, I mis-typed. I got only 2 letter sticker sheets. No brads but I did get flowers made from pipe-cleaners (yay me!) and an acrylic stamp from at least 5 years ago. Got 4 of the vintagey border sticker sheets (same ones), a sheet of baby stickers and then the Christmas one. Got a GREEN rhinestone tree (?).

One sheet of the letter stickers are the teeny-tiny ones. I need to find my tweezers. I'll use them if I can find the tweezers to place them. My fingers are too fat for those little items! :lol:
Pam Cook #48