How long could you go without

Sdscrapper

How long could you go without

Post by Sdscrapper »

purchasing anything, even adhesive, and keep on scrapping and stamping?
I keep mulling that over in my mind and I may be set for adhesive until at least the end of the year. Paper - until 2025 or beyond! Anyone else care to admit?
Paula

Re: How long could you go without

Post by Paula »

I think that I could honestly say that I should be good or the rest of my life!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Paula wrote:I think that I could honestly say that I should be good or the rest of my life!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me too, Paula! :lol: But where would the fun in that be?
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'd run out of adhesive in about 4 months. Every thing else would last years (okay...maybe decades?).
Then again, I know Wilna Furstenburg uses a glue gun on her pages so if I wasn't picky about adhesive choice...longer than 4 months and that's all I'm saying on that topic!
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Adhesive would be the first thing I'd run out of... depending on how much crafting I did I'd say 2-3 months maybe? Paper I might run out of in another 10-15 years.... assuming I never bought another sheet!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Yeah, except for adhesive and thread, I could probably last the rest of my life scrapping and quilting. But it would get really boring.
I just did a big cleanout of a 6" stack of solid cardstock so I have some room to spare. Maybe it's time I get some contemporary papers.

Oops, just read this over again. Including adhesives, I have no idea but depending on my rate of scrapping, maybe 3-4 months.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Except for adhesive, I probably would have enough paper
and paper type product to mush it all together when I
go to build me a coffin, and still have stuff left over.
Pitiful
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Adhesive? Maybe a year. Paper and embellishments? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Sdscrapper

Post by Sdscrapper »

Is it any wonder that stores are closing? Our rooms/shelves/totes are full. I have to say that I have slowed down and really need to just leave scrapbook spending to things like retreats. I sometimes get a package in the mail and have to think, mmmmmm...... what did I order? My latest obsession is stamp and die matching sets. I've been saying it for years that all stamps should have matching punches/dies. Now that my shelves are full, they start doing it!! Go figure.

Glad to read, though, that I am in good company! And truthfully - I could scrap until I die and not run out. And that is provided I live another 40 years!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

pamcook wrote:I know Wilna Furstenburg uses a glue gun on her pages

What????? lol That's the first time I've heard of this.

ATG adhesive would be the first to run out in a few months...if I actually did any crafting, then I might have to use CS book binding adhesive, of which I have a bit. Then I could dig out my glue gun and glue sticks! lol

Everything else would last me from now until then...whenever then may be. I sometimes think about all my STUFF, and wonder what the heck was I thinking. Why do I have so much STUFF?

I'm in good company!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

it's all I can do to keep from going into Tuesday Morning to see what new packs of paper they have.... and I HAVE to buy them when I see them... because of course they'll be gone the next day.... and I might need them 2 months from now... or for a swap... or... you know.... I might NEED them....

so.... even though Hurricane Irene wiped out tons of paper in my scraproom..... I'm good to go again.... probably have enough for years of scrapping.... but.... probably not the "right" paper for the layouts... LOL

adhesive is about the only thing I'm really purchasing these days... (unless it's those 25-packs of paper like G45, etc.... it might be the outdated styles, but I don't have any of it, so it's new to me!) and I split those among me, Helen, and mom-in-law.... so always a good purchase...
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I have to admit that I have a package from Blue Moon arriving today, but it's some G45 items that will mesh with the Little Darlings paper I'm using for a baby book. It's a present - otherwise I would not have purchased anything.

I have enough flowers and ribbon/fibers/lace to last me and someone else the rest of our natural lives.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Adhesive? Assuming it doesn't dry out or lose it's stick, I'm probably good for a few years. And that's not counting my glue gun LOL. Other than that if I never purchased another scrappy supply I'd still have enough to probably keep me scrapping for life. Never mind I've got a good-sized order on the way to me from 2Peas right now.

However, that doesn't stop me from regretting the last of something I really like being used up, or lamenting I didn't have the foresight to buy more of a certain supply when I decide that's exactly what I want for a specific project. I'm kind of glad I shopped all through the heyday of this hobby; I've got a treasure trove of stuff in my stash that you can't buy now. Yeah, it may be a lot of stuff, but I don't hoard it (as in I won't use it because I like it too much), I just haven't gotten around to using it yet!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Keitha wrote:However, that doesn't stop me from regretting the last of something I really like being used up, or lamenting I didn't have the foresight to buy more of a certain supply when I decide that's exactly what I want for a specific project. I'm kind of glad I shopped all through the heyday of this hobby; I've got a treasure trove of stuff in my stash that you can't buy now. Yeah, it may be a lot of stuff, but I don't hoard it (as in I won't use it because I like it too much), I just haven't gotten around to using it yet!
Well said!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'm with Monica. I'm actually close to having to order another "football"
Monica wrote:Adhesive would be the first thing I'd run out of... depending on how much crafting I did I'd say 2-3 months maybe? Paper I might run out of in another 10-15 years.... assuming I never bought another sheet!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO