Organizing By Theme

pamcook

Re: Organizing By Theme

Post by pamcook »

I wish I had that sort of seam binding. These are the packages we bought in the fabric stores. They're folded and very stiff cotton.

Excellent idea Keitha! Great way to remind yourself what you own (and to use it).
Pam Cook #48
Sdscrapper

Post by Sdscrapper »

Ladies, if it's organizing you're doing, right now Tiffany at 'The Scraprack" is having her free organizing classes. CHeck it out, take a listen and then fine tune it to you. You don't have to have a scraprack, but I did get one (can't let there be a good system out there and not have it, said the addicted one!). Anyway, she has a lot of good ideas which I have been slowly incorporating.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

man my post disappeared

I sold my cricut and bought a silhouette
I will give my cartridges to my dd

I am watching this and reading every post so I will get all you ideas
I will start getting into organizing after my trip to girls houses. Then will
be going back again in April.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:I wish I had that sort of seam binding. These are the packages we bought in the fabric stores. They're folded and very stiff cotton.

Excellent idea Keitha! Great way to remind yourself what you own (and to use it).
I wonder if you washed that seam binding if the sizing would wash out and you would be left with something more pliable. But maybe it's better to pass it on to someone who might actually bind something with it. :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Sdscrapper wrote:Ladies, if it's organizing you're doing, right now Tiffany at 'The Scraprack" is having her free organizing classes. CHeck it out, take a listen and then fine tune it to you. You don't have to have a scraprack, but I did get one (can't let there be a good system out there and not have it, said the addicted one!). Anyway, she has a lot of good ideas which I have been slowly incorporating.
I've done a sort of cheap version of the scraprack for several years using binders with divided page protectors and storing things by color. But now, all that is left in it are lots of old CS paper embellies-tags, quotes, cut aparts, etc. and it is all looking very boring. I keep saying to myself, it's little pieces of paper, put it in the recycling, but..... I will go have a look, thanks!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I started a reply yesterday but got sidetracked ...

So I'm still trying to figure out how to best organize all my paper and supplies. Mike had built me racks and those are working great for keeping my CS papers sorted... unless I go nuts when they have a really low sale and I stock up on cardstock... but then I usually just get plain colors... anyway...

CS paper is sorted by kit for the most part....
plain cardstock is now set aside from all the printed cardstock/paper that I've bought
printed papers are on a set of shelves... the paper pads are on the top shelf... other packs are on the shelves
loose printed papers and specialty papers are in 12x12 drawers so they don't get bent, etc.

stickers/diecuts are in file folders in a plastic file bin... and I need to get those out and start using them!! They're sorted by theme, though... Christmas, other holidays, birthday, garden, beach, travel, etc.

thickers are in a plastic container of their own
other alpha stickers are in a decorative box

UM stamps are in 3-ring binders on 2 shelves of my upper cabinets
UM Stampin' Up stamps are on their own shelf in their cases
I have a few loose mounted stamps... and some alpha sets I won't be unmounting

inkpads are either in the wooden casette tape rack which is now mounted on the wall, again... yay!!! .... or in a plastic drawer... or the Stampin' Up ones are in their turn-around rack

liquid things (sprays, re-inkers, etc.) have their own home now.... I had an OLD 3.5" diskette file here at work.... it has 6 drawers, so I was able to snag that and take it home... it's perfect... and sturdy enough to allow me to put things on top of it, too...

markers, embossing folders, Slice design cards, and assorted other things each have their own storage box that looks like a decorative book... I've been collecting them from Tuesday Morning so my stored things look nicer than just being in boxes or cans...

I made a ring of tags for all my dye inkpad colors.... and made a larger ring of tags with all the embossing folder designs... so I can quickly check those before digging through them...

some of my BigShot dies are in a storage box from Stampin' Up.... I think I'll want a large drawer for those... with those dividers in the drawer.... still mulling that over...

I'm not nearly this organized about anything else in my life... but it's helping with scrapbook materials... especially since I've added to the collection with "teaching materials" ... sure hope these classes take off... :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I did swatches of all my color pencils, gelatos, neo colors, inks, watercolor pencils and watercolor paints. It has really helped me when I want to find specific colors of a specific medium. I didn't do spray inks because the are stored in color families. They have color circles glued on top of each spray. Makes it easy to find.

I'm in the process of doing samples of all my dies, big and thin.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Sdscrapper wrote:Ladies, if it's organizing you're doing, right now Tiffany at 'The Scraprack" is having her free organizing classes. CHeck it out, take a listen and then fine tune it to you. You don't have to have a scraprack, but I did get one (can't let there be a good system out there and not have it, said the addicted one!). Anyway, she has a lot of good ideas which I have been slowly incorporating.
I'm trying this challenge now too. My room is just so full and I really really need to start purging. I spent three hours in there today just trying to clean off my desk. I've got a large garbage bag in and I'm doing my best to dump things that I just don't need. I'm trying to do the sort by color idea. I figure tackling this bit by bit can only make me want to spend more time in my craft room and therefore improve my creativity! LOL :lol:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I just watched the first video of the ScrapRack organizing challenge. It looks like a very good system especially as a way to totally start over and reorganize a very messy room. It was interesting that she talked about using other containers besides The Scrap Rack. I don't have it but the binders I've had for years work.
My alphabets and numbers are all together in a drawer whether they are stamps, chipboard or stickers.
I'm working on themes in my binders and drawers which is where I am also adding the stamps. I did notice she had stamps in there which was my question at the start of this topic.
I scrap very few holiday/calendar events so I don't have that category except for Christmas stored away in a few pizza boxes.
Most things in binders are already stored by color but not totally. I'm not giving up my watch boxes where I store tiny things like brads, eyelets and beads and putting them in little bags in a page protector by color nor would I put regular buttons into page protectors, too bulky.
Anyway, it was worthwhile to watch.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels