Happy New Year

Jenni Benni

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Jenni Benni »

Happy New Year! It's going to be a great year in the Bennett house (twins turning 2, potty training, Steven turning 9, paying off debt, losing a few pounds, and growing closer to The Lord). Love you all and pray your 2014 is wonderful!
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Happy New Year, everyone! I wish you all a happy and healthy 2014! This will be a year of great change for us. We will be making the permanent move to Oregon and though we are looking forward to the moving part; we have to do that pesky packing and selling in Arizona first. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Whaaaat? You're leaving AZ???
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I celebrate NYE with a Bluemoonscrapbooking shopping event (yay me!).
Celebrated NYD with an early morning grocery store visit. Super doubles (double all coupons up to $2 each) started today. Spent $90.57 out of pocket - saved $4.99 with my college student discount, $40.11 with my customer loyalty card, $1.50 with my store e-coupons and $93.12 with paper coupons. If I had any energy, I'd compute the % savings. We can use 20 coupons/day during this week so I'll head out at least 2 more days. I get stocked up on toiletries, meats, detergents and pastas during these events.

I think I'll spend a few hours scrapbooking this afternoon. Hope you all have a nice relaxing day.

Rachelle - go to flylady.net to find some great moving/packing tips.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great job on saving Pam. I don't really get many coupons but maybe I need to look for them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

Happy and Healthy New Year to all my PAO friends!

I don't have any real resolutions, just trying to be healthier and happier and do more crafting!

Rachelle, this is a big move. Hope you are able to sell the AZ house with no trouble.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

azemigh wrote:Happy New Year, everyone! I wish you all a happy and healthy 2014! This will be a year of great change for us. We will be making the permanent move to Oregon and though we are looking forward to the moving part; we have to do that pesky packing and selling in Arizona first. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Oh my gosh! This is huge news! Congratulations! Are you taking the turtle?
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Since dh was laid off in December we can no longer maintain 2 homes and the whole fam damily is in the PNW so we're making the jump. Luckily the housing market has turned in the right direction in AZ. Ours is a great starter home for a family so we don't anticipate too much trouble; there's just 15 years worth of crap to sort through and make the 4G's piles. You know--Going, Garbage, Garage Sale and Goodwill.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Rachelle, if you do a little research, you might find an organization who will pick up your donations. I was pretty shocked when I researched Goodwill - have completely stopped shopping there and donating to them. AmVets and our local rescue mission gets my donations now. I donate more when I know I don't have to load up the car and drive it over. Sad but true.
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Good luck on the packing, sorting , and selling Rachelle.

Moves are a big hassle but so exciting.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I didn't make any resolutions either - I think I'm with Pam P - I know they won't stick anyway. :roll:

None of our household left the house yesterday. Shoot - we didn't even bother getting out of PJs. We all just sat around and watched TV or played with tablets or computers. It was a 100% complete veg-out day. And it was glorious. I had intended to bust out some scrapping supplies, or maybe play with some of my new pretty rayon embroidery thread, and then get some exercise in. But nope. Just TV.

I want to wish good luck to everyone who has big plans in 2014! My big plans are just to survive it. It looks to be a big year of change for us. Hopefully for me at work, there will be good changes coming (if not, I officially hit "I give up" mode, because it's not worth the effort if there's no payoff). But I've been working towards something that has some promise, and I'll know if anything good has come of that by summer. It's also Nicole's last year of elementary school, so the next school year is going to hold some big adjustments. We've also got some big travel plans. I've got a conference in Las Vegas, then there's a 2 week vacation to Hawaii and California in March. The summer promises long weekends to OshKosh, WI for an airplane festival, a trip to Boston (specifically, Fenway Park) to pay up on a lost World Series bet, and meeting up with some Florida friends in Indianapolis. And our Fall Break trip might take us to the western Caribbean instead of our usual Disney destination, thanks to a change in Disney's future cruise booking rules (Pam C - please let me know the instant the itineraries for the rest of 2015 are released). Oh, and somewhere in all of that, our house should be getting a complete exterior facelift. Everything except the brick front is due to be replaced.

I anticipate very little crafting this year. Mostly because I don't want to set big lofty goals and then be disappointed at the end of the year. The pages I do get done are going to have to be quick, and use one or two photos at the most. Big travel events are just going to have to go in a traditional album. I quit my shipment of the Scrapbook Generation kit club, because I have enough supplies to scrap several years worth of stuff without needing to purchase anything but adhesive.

Well, I guess it's time to quit slacking off and get back to work. Because of last night's snow and nasty roads, I think I might call it a day right after my meeting this morning.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Julie - will do!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Happy 2014 to you all wonderful PAOists. This past year of getting reacquainted with you all has been the best. I wish you all a happy, healthy and creative year.

We had a quiet NYE and then yesterday we three spent the day at our just-joined racquet club. Bob and Charley played tennis while I swam for 30 minutes. It was a perfect way to start the year for us all. And I even managed to make 3 thank you cards last night that are mail-ready today. Woohoo.

Goals for 2014 (not resolutions:):

1. Exercise regularly and continue with my whole plant food only life style (7 years and loving it)
2. Meet up with my crafter friends on a regular basis
3. Scrap again
4. Be on time with special cards…you heard it here…don't hold me to it though LMAO :lol:
5. Play with journal, paints, inks and get creative.
6. Taken from Pam…worry less…if only. :roll:
FARLEY in Sacramento