some of my "junking" treasures....

Ruth Ann Landry

some of my "junking" treasures....

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I have hoarded these items for about a year...whenever I "junk", I always look for odd things such as these...I found I had more spools than I thought I did..and you can tell how large they are by comparing to the coffee cup...I love the long thread spools and will eventually find something cool to do with them....a few of the neater keys I have in my collection....some small tart tins....I'm always looking at odd drawer pulls and have used some on canvas art...and the knobs would make great "feet" on something....Now here's my dilemma....I think my greatest roadblock in mass producing art is I always stop myself with the same question: "What am I going to do with it?" My spare bedroom (actually, my poor son is using it at present) is full of my "art"..every surface, the walls, etc. I have some fav pieces throughout the house, and of course, I've gifted some pieces...but!!! I never know who would want any of this stuff, I can only display so much, and...and...and.....why make it if I don't know what to do with it? What do you people do with all your art?
Attachments
2007 11 16 003.JPG
2007 11 16 003.JPG (37.62 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
2007 11 16 002.JPG
2007 11 16 002.JPG (33.84 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
2007 11 16 001.JPG
2007 11 16 001.JPG (33.45 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
ChristyB

Re: some of my "junking" treasures....

Post by ChristyB »

I make it because it makes me happy.

A lot I display, a lot I give away, and some is put away waiting for the right person to come into my life for me to give to.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

the rest...
Attachments
2007 11 16 006.JPG
2007 11 16 006.JPG (36.74 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
2007 11 16 005.JPG
2007 11 16 005.JPG (36.92 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
2007 11 16 004.JPG
2007 11 16 004.JPG (38.38 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

those door things are cool!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Some cool stuff!! Can't wait ti see what you do with them :creating: I usually give mine away. I have too many things to display
djenns

Post by djenns »

Some awesome "finds" - and you probably find a lot of those treasures in your part of the country - I just haven't found the good places here.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with these.

Diana
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I agree with Christy. I do it because I enjoy it. Some I've kept, some I've given as gifts and some are waiting for the right home. I think every time I give family and friends a piece, I'm giving a piece of me. Also, I really enjoy seeing my work displayed in our home. I look at some pieces and think, "I did that!".

I have a lot of pieces my dad made. He was a awesome woodworker. I am so glad he kept many of his pieces because now every time I pick one up, I see and remember him. I've always liked and enjoyed his pieces (he gave me many over the years) but now they mean so much more to me than they ever did before.

I love those old keys and metal pieces. My in-laws have some old spools, I think, and I'm going to see if I can find any of them next time I go to their house. They're so cool.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Ruth Ann, you have some great finds there. I totally understand your dilema of if I make it, what do I do with it. I'm sitting with Christy on this one - I make, alter, create whatever because it's fun for me and makes me happy. I have a lot of my stuff and all of my treasures from swaps displayed in my very small craft room and I've spilled over a bit into my son's room since he is no longer living here. Some of the small things I've made, I've given as hostess gifts for swaps. I've given a few things as gifts to friends, but only the friends that really "get it" and appreciate it.

I don't know what would happen to all my "stuff" if I were gone, but I don't care. I enjoy doing it and enjoy looking at it and that's all that counts right now.

(And just so you know, I never turn down a gift of art ;) )
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

pugmom wrote: I don't know what would happen to all my "stuff" if I were gone, but I don't care. I enjoy doing it and enjoy looking at it and that's all that counts right now.

(And just so you know, I never turn down a gift of art ;) )
I like that Sue. I have art from PAO friends from swaps and given as gifts that I have displayed. I have one of your pieces hanging in my dining room. Reminds me of great friendships.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Totally feel your pain Ruth Ann.

I too love all your fantastic finds from your "junking"!!

I have found that my artwork ends up on shelves but I do enjoying giving them away as gifts and they always seem to make the recipients really happy. Which makes me happy.

I have also sold my artwork. I have done it at yard sales.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Your very first picture looks like what my MIL has displayed on one of her side tables. I love them and wish I could find a few here! Hers came from Maine, so not a help. :( Looks like a lot of fun stuff! I've only recently started dabbling in the creation of wall art and display art, but I have my chunky swap pages and some little gifties from PAO sisters displayed in my craft area and I love to look at them!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin