Re: question for all of you card makers

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:
katymjo wrote:The CS one I remember is
Time flies like the wind
Fruit flies like bananas.
:shock: :shock: :lol:
Kathryn.

I was thinking about that one the other day! :lol: Who in the world would you send that to???
My sister.... :lol: :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Jac works and designs from home. Which is a mobile home on the road. Or maybe they've settled by now. Possibly AZ. This is why she doesn't usually appear with the crew. She probably does attend Retreat which just occurred.

It frustrates me that there are so few usable stamps when I'm working on layouts from their kits. Today I finished an ALSB layout that is all their cardstock...but I figured, heck, it's my own darn layout so I used stamps from Technique Tuesday which were more appropriate for scrappers. I don't normally need snarky quotes on my layouts. If they don't like it, maybe they'll cop a clue and use a few sentiments that work more for day to day layouts.

P. S. There are very few people I know who would appreciate being reminded that their thighs touch. Just sayin'.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Btw, before this goes too far, I just want to remind everyone that someone from CS does apparently monitor this forum. Or one of "us"reports to them. As I painfully was advised awhile back when I posted something here. Again, just sayin'.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ScrappinJen wrote:Btw, before this goes too far, I just want to remind everyone that someone from CS does apparently monitor this forum. Or one of "us"reports to them. As I painfully was advised awhile back when I posted something here. Again, just sayin'.
You're joking, right?
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

pamcook wrote:
ScrappinJen wrote:Btw, before this goes too far, I just want to remind everyone that someone from CS does apparently monitor this forum. Or one of "us"reports to them. As I painfully was advised awhile back when I posted something here. Again, just sayin'.
You're joking, right?
Power of the Internet.

Sorry you were put in an awkward situation before, Jennifer.

I would feel very sad IF a PAO member let CS know of something said here.

I don't think we have crossed any lines with our current comments.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

It was awkward, Pat, and no, I'm not joking, Pam. 'Nuff said.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

No. I just didn't want it to go further. That's all.

I don't think we have crossed any lines with our current comments.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

That's not the first time I've heard that. And if someone from PAO wants to go telling tales, I totally wish they'd leave the group. Would not be any skin off of my nose if they did.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I think they had those punny/weird stamps before Jac ever came along. didn't they? Or they had other weird stamps that no one used.

But, I will say, the plain old, Happy Birthday, Congratulations, Best Wishes, Merry Christmas, does get really boring after awhile. I'm always looking for other greetings that have a bit of originality to them.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Yes I said that a while back
do not talk bad about anyone
I got told off too

Remember this is a open forum

And at one time we were all members there
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

jmp1022 wrote:Yes I said that a while back
do not talk bad about anyone
I got told off too

Remember this is a open forum

And at one time we were all members there
Oh jeez Jill. You too? This sounds like JR High antics. I am soooo glad to be here where there has been no need for censorsing, to my knowledge. I have the utmost respect for all of you, and your unique thoughts and talents. Go forth and create cards, layouts, journal pages, etc. with all of your various supplies.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

The forum isn't locked down, aside from the addresses section, so anyone could browse w/o logging in. Although them making a point of browbeating their customers doesn't sound like good business to me, but whatever.

The time flies/fruit flies one was actually Fossils, long before Jac took over. But that was more of a rarity, I feel, at that time. When the guy whose name I can't remember left, then Terri Zwicker also did, to me that's when kits went in a direction I didn't like, both with graphics and stamps. *shrug* So I quit and haven't really looked back. I think I've bought maybe two kits since, because I really loved them.

Over the last couple years I've bought just what I like, which sometimes is only a couple pieces from a line here and there, and I still have an overflowing room of crap, so I think I'm good. ;)

Now, as far as cards themselves go... I've given away a lot of them over the years. My MIL loved getting stacks as gifts, although I haven't done that for a coupe years, coworkers have enjoyed receiving them... my mom and sis are both crafty, so me making them cards would be silly. To be honest, I'm terrible about sending anniversary cards, so those have languished in a drawer. I need to pull all the generic cards from there and bundle them up, I guess. Hmm... maybe I could talk to our HR guy about doing work anniversary cards?
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Wow.. This thread has been super active today. So, someone is tattling on us to Club Scrap? Really? That just sounds silly. But we really could make an entire thread of the WTF stamps and tags that have come in our kits over the years.

Oh well... those funky stamps and sentiments brought us all together....just sayin'. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

:D Yes they did, Julie! And I for one am grateful! I need to keep plugging away at the Disney layouts as shoulder allows, but you all are making me itch to dig out stamps and make cards! :lol:
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

MONICA...I believe you are trying to remember Spencer's name. Terri Zwicker has been teaching at retreats in the past few years.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA